Re: WTB an OASYS pci card

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2013
      --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Stitt" <greg.e.stitt@...> wrote:

      > hey everyone
      >
      > i'm new to the mailing list but have been making electronic music for 15+ years. lately my interests have shifted to older hardware dsp systems like the oasys
      >
      > if anyone has one for sale or can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it as searches haven't turned up much lol
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > greg

      Hi Greg. I have one that I don't use anymore, including the breakout cable. I think I have the original box it came in as well although it will take a bit of looking to find the box. If you are interested, please contact me offline. I can be reached at sgolick@.... I am located in Toronto, Canada.

      Steven
    • Greg Stitt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2013
        thanks for the offers everyone

        a quick update i've got an oasys pci now, a mac g4 'quicksilver' (dual 800m, 1.5g ram, etc) and mac os 9.22

        since you need to add a midi interface i picked up a steiny midex 8 but have yet to locate any drivers for it. if anyone has those drivers (version 1.00) that would be great

        so far its been fun setting up the oasys. i consider it a separate hobby from my main music stuff and i'd like to see how far i can take it

        i recently got an iPad 1 (with the camera kit) and picked up lemur, i'd love to try to set up custom midi control pages for different patches

        another thing i want to try is processing audio over adat going into the oasys and out into either my audio interface on my mac mini (mid 2012) or v-synth gt

        the main thing i want to try is the harm visser patches !!

        anyways, thanks for having me in your oasys community and if i get anywhere with this stuff i'll be sure to post it

        greg

        --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <sggolick@...> wrote:

        > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Stitt" <greg.e.stitt@> wrote:
        > >
        > > hey everyone
        > >
        > > i'm new to the mailing list but have been making electronic music for 15+ years. lately my interests have shifted to older hardware dsp systems like the oasys
        > >
        > > if anyone has one for sale or can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it as searches haven't turned up much lol
        > >
        > > thanks
        > >
        > > greg
        > >
        > Hi Greg. I have one that I don't use anymore, including the breakout cable. I think I have the original box it came in as well although it will take a bit of looking to find the box. If you are interested, please contact me offline. I can be reached at sgolick@... I am located in Toronto, Canada.
        >
        > Steven

      • Erik
        Message 3 of 6 , May 28, 2013
          Yes,. Please do post what you come up,.. That sounds like a great way to chain up things,. I too do similar routing set ups & it gets really inspiring ...

          Best ~

          Erik

          Sent from my iPad

          On May 27, 2013, at 10:08 PM, "Greg Stitt" <greg.e.stitt@...> wrote:

          > thanks for the offers everyone
          >
          > a quick update i've got an oasys pci now, a mac g4 'quicksilver' (dual 800m, 1.5g ram, etc) and mac os 9.22
          >
          > since you need to add a midi interface i picked up a steiny midex 8 but have yet to locate any drivers for it. if anyone has those drivers (version 1.00) that would be great
          >
          > so far its been fun setting up the oasys. i consider it a separate hobby from my main music stuff and i'd like to see how far i can take it
          >
          > i recently got an iPad 1 (with the camera kit) and picked up lemur, i'd love to try to set up custom midi control pages for different patches
          >
          > another thing i want to try is processing audio over adat going into the oasys and out into either my audio interface on my mac mini (mid 2012) or v-synth gt
          >
          > the main thing i want to try is the harm visser patches !!
          >
          > anyways, thanks for having me in your oasys community and if i get anywhere with this stuff i'll be sure to post it
          >
          > greg
          >
          > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <sggolick@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Stitt" <greg.e.stitt@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > hey everyone
          > > >
          > > > i'm new to the mailing list but have been making electronic music for 15+ years. lately my interests have shifted to older hardware dsp systems like the oasys
          > > >
          > > > if anyone has one for sale or can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it as searches haven't turned up much lol
          > > >
          > > > thanks
          > > >
          > > > greg
          > > >
          > > Hi Greg. I have one that I don't use anymore, including the breakout cable. I think I have the original box it came in as well although it will take a bit of looking to find the box. If you are interested, please contact me offline. I can be reached at sgolick@... I am located in Toronto, Canada.
          > >
          > > Steven

        • Scott
          Message 4 of 6 , May 28, 2013
            Hi Greg the adat processing works very well and once you've got it configured you'll want it there permanently. Harm's patches are a lot of fun. I did the sound design for him on a number of his patches. Some of the physically modelled patches are not tuned so they make good percussive sound and can be sampled and retuned.

            Sent from my iPad

            On 2013-05-27, at 10:08 PM, "Greg Stitt" <greg.e.stitt@...> wrote:

            > thanks for the offers everyone
            >
            > a quick update i've got an oasys pci now, a mac g4 'quicksilver' (dual 800m, 1.5g ram, etc) and mac os 9.22
            >
            > since you need to add a midi interface i picked up a steiny midex 8 but have yet to locate any drivers for it. if anyone has those drivers (version 1.00) that would be great
            >
            > so far its been fun setting up the oasys. i consider it a separate hobby from my main music stuff and i'd like to see how far i can take it
            >
            > i recently got an iPad 1 (with the camera kit) and picked up lemur, i'd love to try to set up custom midi control pages for different patches
            >
            > another thing i want to try is processing audio over adat going into the oasys and out into either my audio interface on my mac mini (mid 2012) or v-synth gt
            >
            > the main thing i want to try is the harm visser patches !!
            >
            > anyways, thanks for having me in your oasys community and if i get anywhere with this stuff i'll be sure to post it
            >
            > greg
            >
            > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <sggolick@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Stitt" <greg.e.stitt@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > hey everyone
            > > >
            > > > i'm new to the mailing list but have been making electronic music for 15+ years. lately my interests have shifted to older hardware dsp systems like the oasys
            > > >
            > > > if anyone has one for sale or can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it as searches haven't turned up much lol
            > > >
            > > > thanks
            > > >
            > > > greg
            > > >
            > > Hi Greg. I have one that I don't use anymore, including the breakout cable. I think I have the original box it came in as well although it will take a bit of looking to find the box. If you are interested, please contact me offline. I can be reached at sgolick@... I am located in Toronto, Canada.
            > >
            > > Steven

          • Daniel Forró
            Message 5 of 6 , May 28, 2013
              I also plan to purchase them, hopefully he will still offer them after
              some time...

              Daniel Forro