RE: [oasys-pci] How do you control your OASYS PCI?

  • Neil Hester
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24 4:26 PM
      I suppose if you are using cubase you could make a nice device panel for it
      too

      I keep thinking about getting one of the Behringer knob boxes to control
      mine from.

      Neil Hester

    • Scott
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24 6:45 PM
        I purchased a couple of ITOX dragon servers, put dc power supplies inside and installed fanspeed control software. Each has an Oasys card inside running Windows 98. They run with early Roland usb midi interfaces. Each is light-piped into my Cubase 7 daw where I have reserved 2 adat pairs from my RME Raydatx2 interfaces. One is configured as external instruments into Cubase, the other is configured as dedicated Oasys efx. The dragons are attached to a KVM switch with the monitor sitting next to my dual monitor Cubase rig. Each gets word clock sync from my digital clock. They make almost no noise and are very stable. I have a third Oasys card in reserve sitting in a Mac G4 tower but it is not integrated into my setup. I have an album of earlier photos on my Facebook page if anyone is interesting in seeing how it is setup. The photos show my main DAW when I was on XP with Cubase 5 runnng 3 RME digi5632 cards. Otherwise the actual configuration is very close to my current DAW which is an i7 hexicore rig. I still use the Oasys cards in my compositions, primarily for efx and pads. -Scotty

        Sent from my iPad

        On 2013-04-24, at 2:27 PM, tim p <target9@...> wrote:

        > I house my O-PCI in an old single core win98 PC with a Terratec DMX6 Fire midi interface in one of the drive bays.
        >
        > I then midi it up to my main DAW running Cubase 5, as if it is just another hardware synth.
        >
        > ________________________________

      • John Abram
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25 1:58 PM
          On 24 April 2013 07:27, michaelaldridge1984 <glide.pro@...> wrote:

          > I was wondering what methods of control were favoured among the community?
          > Treating the OASYS PCI system as a closed system or treating it as if it
          > were any other piece of outboard gear?

          I have mine in a G4 Mac running 9.2.2 and send midi from my i7 iMac to it
          through a Unitor8 and a MOTU MidiExpress. Still amazed at the sound this
          card puts out - my favourite filters!

          So outboard gear for me

          --
          with best wishes, John

        • Sean Purdy
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30 3:31 AM
            On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, John Abram said:
            > On 24 April 2013 07:27, michaelaldridge1984 <glide.pro@...> wrote:
            > > I was wondering what methods of control were favoured among the community?
            >
            > I have mine in a G4 Mac running 9.2.2 and send midi

            This (using a Midisport 2x2). I've also got a Creamware Pulsar in there
            and use ADAT lightpipe to a MOTU828 for the outputs.

            The Mac's a bit noisy though, I need to think about that.
            But it's casual use at the moment.

            Sean