Soundcloud group!

  • michaelaldridge1984
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 13, 2013
      Hey folks,

      I've just created a Soundcloud group to gather the compositions of this great card:
      https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci

      If anyone is still making music with the OASYS PCI it'd be awesome to hear some stuff :)

      (I've posted this on another OASYS-related Yahoo group, so apologies if a few people get the same message twice!)

      Kind regards,

      Michael.
    • Adrian Earnshaw
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 13, 2013
        Just shared one the group called Sunset Winds. It was composed many
        years ago when I first got the Oasys. Can't remember exactly which
        sounds I used except that it makes use of the beatbox.

        Enjoy

        Adrian

        On 13/04/2013 22:06, michaelaldridge1984 wrote:
        > Hey folks,
        >
        > I've just created a Soundcloud group to gather the compositions of this great card:
        > https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci
        >
        > If anyone is still making music with the OASYS PCI it'd be awesome to hear some stuff :)
        >
        > (I've posted this on another OASYS-related Yahoo group, so apologies if a few people get the same message twice!)
        >
        > Kind regards,
        >
        > Michael.

        > Contacting Korg Technical Support
        >
        > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
        > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
        > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
        >
        > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
        >
        > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
        >
        > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
        > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
        > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
        > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
        > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
        > support questions.
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • michaelaldridge1984
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 14, 2013
          Hi Adrian,

          Just been having a listen, great stuff! I haven't used the beatbox or indeed much of the percussion bits and pieces on the card as yet, been working my way through the leads and pads mainly :)

          Do you still have the card?

          Regards,

          Michael.

          --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Earnshaw <themusicscape@...> wrote:

          > Just shared one the group called Sunset Winds. It was composed many
          > years ago when I first got the Oasys. Can't remember exactly which
          > sounds I used except that it makes use of the beatbox.
          >
          > Enjoy
          >
          > Adrian
          >
          > On 13/04/2013 22:06, michaelaldridge1984 wrote:
          > > Hey folks,
          > >
          > > I've just created a Soundcloud group to gather the compositions of this great card:
          > > https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci
          > >
          > > If anyone is still making music with the OASYS PCI it'd be awesome to hear some stuff :)
          > >
          > > (I've posted this on another OASYS-related Yahoo group, so apologies if a few people get the same message twice!)
          > >
          > > Kind regards,
          > >
          > > Michael.

          > > Contacting Korg Technical Support
          > >
          > > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
          > > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
          > > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
          > >
          > > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
          > >
          > > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
          > >
          > > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
          > > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
          > > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
          > > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
          > > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
          > > support questions.
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Scott Harris
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 14, 2013
            Loling forward to seeing where this goes. I still use OASYS mostly now for
            efx and evolving pads.

            On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Adrian Earnshaw <
            themusicscape@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Just shared one the group called Sunset Winds. It was composed many
            > years ago when I first got the Oasys. Can't remember exactly which
            > sounds I used except that it makes use of the beatbox.
            >
            > Enjoy
            >
            > Adrian
            >

            > On 13/04/2013 22:06, michaelaldridge1984 wrote:
            > > Hey folks,
            > >
            > > I've just created a Soundcloud group to gather the compositions of this
            > great card:
            > > https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci
            > >
            > > If anyone is still making music with the OASYS PCI it'd be awesome to
            > hear some stuff :)
            > >
            > > (I've posted this on another OASYS-related Yahoo group, so apologies if
            > a few people get the same message twice!)
            > >
            > > Kind regards,
            > >
            > > Michael.

            > > Contacting Korg Technical Support
            > >
            > > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
            > > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
            > > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
            > >
            > > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
            > >
            > > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
            > >
            > > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
            > > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
            > > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
            > > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
            > > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
            > > support questions.
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • michaelaldridge1984
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 15, 2013
              Yeh me too - thought that there *must* be a few people out there using it :)
              Add your tracks!

              --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Scott Harris <duckerina100@...> wrote:

              > Loling forward to seeing where this goes. I still use OASYS mostly now for
              > efx and evolving pads.
              >

              > On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Adrian Earnshaw <
              > themusicscape@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Just shared one the group called Sunset Winds. It was composed many
              > > years ago when I first got the Oasys. Can't remember exactly which
              > > sounds I used except that it makes use of the beatbox.
              > >
              > > Enjoy
              > >
              > > Adrian
              > >

              > > On 13/04/2013 22:06, michaelaldridge1984 wrote:
              > > > Hey folks,
              > > >
              > > > I've just created a Soundcloud group to gather the compositions of this
              > > great card:
              > > > https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci
              > > >
              > > > If anyone is still making music with the OASYS PCI it'd be awesome to
              > > hear some stuff :)
              > > >
              > > > (I've posted this on another OASYS-related Yahoo group, so apologies if
              > > a few people get the same message twice!)
              > > >
              > > > Kind regards,
              > > >
              > > > Michael.

              > > > Contacting Korg Technical Support
              > > >
              > > > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
              > > > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
              > > > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
              > > >
              > > > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
              > > >
              > > > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
              > > >
              > > > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
              > > > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
              > > > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
              > > > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
              > > > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
              > > > support questions.
              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • michaelaldridge1984
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 17, 2013
                Looks like there's a few awesome tracks in the group now, all good listens, and many thanks to the contributors so far!
                https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci

                Check them out and add yours :)

                --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "michaelaldridge1984" <glide.pro@...> wrote:

                > Yeh me too - thought that there *must* be a few people out there using it :)
                > Add your tracks!
                >
                > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Scott Harris <duckerina100@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Loling forward to seeing where this goes. I still use OASYS mostly now for
                > > efx and evolving pads.
                > >

                > > On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Adrian Earnshaw <
                > > themusicscape@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > **
                > > >

                > > > Just shared one the group called Sunset Winds. It was composed many
                > > > years ago when I first got the Oasys. Can't remember exactly which
                > > > sounds I used except that it makes use of the beatbox.
                > > >
                > > > Enjoy
                > > >
                > > > Adrian

                > > > great card:

                > > > hear some stuff :)

                > > > a few people get the same message twice!)

              • michaelaldridge1984
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 24, 2013
                  (posted in another group, so as ever, apologies for the possible duplication for some of you!)

                  Just an update
                  https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci

                  Seems to be quite a few tracks popping up on the group from a few people that seem to cover a diverse range of genres.

                  I'll FINALLY be getting some time to sit and compose with my OASYS PCI soon so I'll be uploading a few more tracks :)

                  --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "michaelaldridge1984" <glide.pro@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Adrian,
                  >
                  > Just been having a listen, great stuff! I haven't used the beatbox or indeed much of the percussion bits and pieces on the card as yet, been working my way through the leads and pads mainly :)
                  >
                  > Do you still have the card?
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Michael.
                  >
                  > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Earnshaw <themusicscape@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just shared one the group called Sunset Winds. It was composed many
                  > > years ago when I first got the Oasys. Can't remember exactly which
                  > > sounds I used except that it makes use of the beatbox.
                  > >
                  > > Enjoy
                  > >
                  > > Adrian
                  > >
                  > > On 13/04/2013 22:06, michaelaldridge1984 wrote:
                  > > > Hey folks,
                  > > >
                  > > > I've just created a Soundcloud group to gather the compositions of this great card:
                  > > > https://soundcloud.com/groups/korg-oasys-pci
                  > > >
                  > > > If anyone is still making music with the OASYS PCI it'd be awesome to hear some stuff :)
                  > > >
                  > > > (I've posted this on another OASYS-related Yahoo group, so apologies if a few people get the same message twice!)
                  > > >
                  > > > Kind regards,
                  > > >
                  > > > Michael.

                  > > > Contacting Korg Technical Support
                  > > >
                  > > > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
                  > > > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
                  > > > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
                  > > >
                  > > > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
                  > > >
                  > > > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
                  > > > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
                  > > > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
                  > > > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
                  > > > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
                  > > > support questions.
                  > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Adrian Earnshaw
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 24, 2013
                    Hi Michael,

                    Thanks for taking the time to listen. I still have the card although it doesn't get used much these days thanks to omnisphere. However, with this soundcloud group being set up I may start tinkering again.

                    Sent from my iPad

                  • alex aliferis
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 24, 2013
                      Greetings All,

                      I just posted a track named "Hello World" which I made approx. a gazillion years ago, using only the synths I released for OASYS PCI. Sorry for the sub-par mix, but the actual breakouts got lost to the angry Gods of faulty hard drives several millenia ago.

                      Alex Aliferis
                      www.orwelldigital.com

                    • michaelaldridge1984
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 24, 2013
                        Hi Adrian,

                        Hmmm, agreed, I must admit that VSTs like Omnisphere have made me look long and hard at the physical gear I own (although I guess OASYS PCI falls somewhere in the middle). In the end pure software will probably win by volume but hardware is FUN, haha...

                        However, yes, I'm glad that the Soundcloud group is attracting lots of tracks, more than I thought to be honest :)

                        I shall be in full 'tinker mode' shortly!

                      • michaelaldridge1984
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 24, 2013
                          Hi Alex,

                          Thanks for posting the track, sounds great (whatever you may say about the mix!).
                          Just had a look at the your site - are the synths you made for the OASYS PCI still available?

                          Michael

                          --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, alex aliferis <alexaliferis@...> wrote:

                          > Greetings All,
                          >
                          > I just posted a track named "Hello World" which I made approx. a gazillion years ago, using only the synths I released for OASYS PCI. Sorry for the sub-par mix, but the actual breakouts got lost to the angry Gods of faulty hard drives several millenia ago.
                          >
                          > Alex Aliferis
                          > www.orwelldigital.com

                        • alex
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 24, 2013
                            Thanks! The full collection of my synths for OASYS PCI is still available as a bundle at the following address-

                            http://www.orwelldigital.com/Pages/GenTwoCollDetails.html

                            You can check out shots of the synth's control panels by clicking on the various icons, etc. There are some audio demos as well.

                            My biggest regret about my time developing for OASYS PCI was that I stopped work on my last synth when the card was discontinued. The prototype OR-6 allowed users to feed samples through a physical model with smoothed DSP-rate modulation of various parameters. The sound was extremely unique and detailed, but it is now 100% lost.

                            Alex Aliferis
                            www.orwelldigital.com