Re: Moving an OASYS from a Power Mac 9600 to a Power Mac G4

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
      I think the MT4 would be fine for that purpose, and a bit easier to set up than the Griffin.

      Andrew

      --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "robegian" wrote:

      > Thanks to all for the replies.
      >
      > The Griffin adapter sounds like a good advice: I'll give a look in eBay.
      >
      > I think I'll do some tests with the other options though â€" in case I do, I will keep you informed.
      >
      > By the way, I use a couple of Emagic AMT8 with Logic Pro on my main DAW and I find them very tight as far as timing is concerned â€" and so were my two Studio 4's.
      >
      > Moreover, I use the Mac hosting the OASYS basically as it were an expander, so it only receives MIDI signals and it doesn't generate them: maybe the MIDI interface used by this computer is not relevant in this situation?

    • Daniel Forró
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 20, 2013
        I can't tell because I still use Stealth Serial Port with Opcode
        Studio 5lx and some other USB/MIDI interfaces under OS9 with Opcode
        SVP. I just tried to setup everything under OSX which was successful.
        Anyway one day I have to buy better computer, which means I wouldn't
        be able to use Studio 5.

        Daniel Forro