Re: Moving an OASYS from a Power Mac 9600 to a Power Mac G4

  • robegian
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
      Thanks to all for the replies.

      The Griffin adapter sounds like a good advice: I'll give a look in eBay.

      I think I'll do some tests with the other options though â€" in case I do, I will keep you informed.

      By the way, I use a couple of Emagic AMT8 with Logic Pro on my main DAW and I find them very tight as far as timing is concerned â€" and so were my two Studio 4's.

      Moreover, I use the Mac hosting the OASYS basically as it were an expander, so it only receives MIDI signals and it doesn't generate them: maybe the MIDI interface used by this computer is not relevant in this situation?
    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
        I think the MT4 would be fine for that purpose, and a bit easier to set up than the Griffin.

        Andrew

        --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "robegian" wrote:

        > Thanks to all for the replies.
        >
        > The Griffin adapter sounds like a good advice: I'll give a look in eBay.
        >
        > I think I'll do some tests with the other options though â€" in case I do, I will keep you informed.
        >
        > By the way, I use a couple of Emagic AMT8 with Logic Pro on my main DAW and I find them very tight as far as timing is concerned â€" and so were my two Studio 4's.
        >
        > Moreover, I use the Mac hosting the OASYS basically as it were an expander, so it only receives MIDI signals and it doesn't generate them: maybe the MIDI interface used by this computer is not relevant in this situation?

      • Daniel Forró
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 20, 2013
          I can't tell because I still use Stealth Serial Port with Opcode
          Studio 5lx and some other USB/MIDI interfaces under OS9 with Opcode
          SVP. I just tried to setup everything under OSX which was successful.
          Anyway one day I have to buy better computer, which means I wouldn't
          be able to use Studio 5.

          Daniel Forro