Re: [oasys-pci] Moving an OASYS from a Power Mac 9600 to a Power Mac G4

  • Daniel Forró
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
      I can't tell because I still use Stealth Serial Port with Opcode
      Studio 5lx and some other USB/MIDI interfaces under OS9 with Opcode
      SVP. I just tried to setup everything under OSX which was successful.
      Anyway one day I have to buy better computer, which means I couldn't
      use Studio 5.

      Daniel Forro

      On 4 Feb, 2013, at 9:49 AM, PlanetEleven wrote:

      > If you got it to work like that, that's great, and more power to you.
      > Believe me, I did a lot of research and the funny mapping was as
      > good as it
      > got for me. I thought I did all the right settings in OS9, but
      > perhaps I
      > missed some.
      >
      > How was the timing in OSX using the Studio 5?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Lenny Stearns/The Above
    • robegian
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2013
        Thanks to all for the replies.

        The Griffin adapter sounds like a good advice: I'll give a look in eBay.

        I think I'll do some tests with the other options though â€" in case I do, I will keep you informed.

        By the way, I use a couple of Emagic AMT8 with Logic Pro on my main DAW and I find them very tight as far as timing is concerned â€" and so were my two Studio 4's.

        Moreover, I use the Mac hosting the OASYS basically as it were an expander, so it only receives MIDI signals and it doesn't generate them: maybe the MIDI interface used by this computer is not relevant in this situation?
      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 5, 2013
          I think the MT4 would be fine for that purpose, and a bit easier to set up than the Griffin.

          Andrew

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 20, 2013
            I can't tell because I still use Stealth Serial Port with Opcode
            Studio 5lx and some other USB/MIDI interfaces under OS9 with Opcode
            SVP. I just tried to setup everything under OSX which was successful.
            Anyway one day I have to buy better computer, which means I wouldn't
            be able to use Studio 5.