Re: [oasys-pci] Re: Installing OASYS PCI using virtual Windows 98 (VMware) on XP

  • Sean Purdy
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 28, 2012
      About the three versions of the Oasys:
      http://www.vanille-media.de/site/index.php/musician/korg-oasys/

      John Bowen (involved in Oasys PCI) and his time at the start of Creamware:
      http://www.johnbowen.com/john-bowen-chronicles/chron-introduction.html

      I have a Creamware board and an Oasys PCI, both in a Mac G4 tower running OS9
      I really don't want to run Win98 just to use the Oasys. Yuk.

      Sean
    • Marleybobz
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 28, 2012
        Just a post on a board.
        Unsubstantiated - hence asking on this list as this is the definitive oasys PCI user group as far as I know.

        I've tried on XP, various methods to no avail. There simply is no compatible driver.

        On 14 Nov 2012, at 01:36, o.fairhall@... wrote:

        > Sorry, I'm no help with this, but where did you hear/read that OASYS
        > PCI could run on XP?

      • David Bourke
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 28, 2012
          John Bowen also worked on the original Prophet 5 and was responsible for its original voicing. It's been a while since I fired up my OASYS-PCI but, as I recall, those Prophet 5 presets are in there somewhere...

          Kind regards.

          Dave Bourke
          - ideation -