Rebuild Os9 Mac G4 for Oasys

  • royce
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2012
      Hi folks
      My G4 dual 450 workstation is having troubles. The startup disk has required frequent diskwarrior sessions. Now, even disk warrior has given up.

      Anybody been through this before? It looks like I need a new Os9 startup disk in addition to a new disk drive.

      I went on ebay, but surprisingly could not find any installation cds.

      Help! I've become reliant on the Oasys for it's pitch shifting on strings...which somehow is way more natural sounding than anything else.

      Royce
    • Scott Harris
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2012
        It could also be the powersupply. I recently picked up an old G4 sawtooth
        for $40.00 from a surplus store. I put in two spare Creamware cards and ab
        OASYS PCI in that machine under OS 9.2. It might be better to replace the
        unit then to search for hard drives and powersupplies. - Scotty