KORG I will pay $20 for OASYS PCI XP Drivers, now multiply that by cards sold

  • robert_gutowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2009
      KORG You can make money on this, Lots of money.

      Put your team of developers to make us the OASYS PCI XP drivers and Charge me and thousands of OASYS PCI users $20ea for them.

      Do it on Pre-order basis (so that you don't have to worry about piracy) where everyone who wants drivers pays up front through the official KORG site $20 until you collect lets say $300,000 total, this should cover the migration/development costs. Put a counter out there to show us how close we are to the $$ Goal. (I think that you will get to this number in few days once the word gets out on the web, if you don't believe me create a poll "Will you pay for XP DRIVERS for OASYS PCI") If you don't collect enough in 6 months then just refund everyone's money and forget about it. (now you will have to figure out efficient mechanizm to do that, I can't do all the work, because its you whpo will make the money). Then once developed send each person that paid the unlock code to download the XP drivers from your site.

      P.S. I am a business man and there is great demand for these drivers, now you have to be a businessman and turn this demand into cash.

      Robert Gutowski (in Chicago)
      Thank You
    • mindaos
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2009
        --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "robert_gutowski" <robert_gutowski@...> wrote:

        > KORG You can make money on this, Lots of money.
        >
        > Put your team of developers to make us the OASYS PCI XP drivers and Charge me and thousands of OASYS PCI users $20ea for them.
        >
        > Do it on Pre-order basis (so that you don't have to worry about piracy) where everyone who wants drivers pays up front through the official KORG site $20 until you collect lets say $300,000 total, this should cover the migration/development costs. Put a counter out there to show us how close we are to the $$ Goal. (I think that you will get to this number in few days once the word gets out on the web, if you don't believe me create a poll "Will you pay for XP DRIVERS for OASYS PCI") If you don't collect enough in 6 months then just refund everyone's money and forget about it. (now you will have to figure out efficient mechanizm to do that, I can't do all the work, because its you whpo will make the money). Then once developed send each person that paid the unlock code to download the XP drivers from your site.
        >

        > P.S. I am a business man and there is great demand for these drivers, now you have to be a businessman and turn this demand into cash.
        >
        > Robert Gutowski (in Chicago)
        > Thank You

        YES! I tottaly agree!
      • Nick Rothwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2009
          On 15 Dec 2009, at 20:19, robert_gutowski wrote:

          > Put your team of developers to make us the OASYS PCI XP drivers and
          > Charge me and thousands of OASYS PCI users $20ea for them.

          I just checked on eBay. You can probably score yourself a Macintosh G3
          tower for $20.

          I have no idea how many OasysPCIs were sold, but a fair proportion
          will be in Mac systems so a portion of your target audience would
          rather get drivers for OS X. But then again, many are probably happy
          with the OasysPCI as an outboard system in an old host, which is how I
          use my cards. Also, are you assuming that your XP drivers will work in
          Vista and Win7?

          As an aside, can you still buy decent PC hardware that will take a ten-
          year-old full-length PCI card?

          -- N.

          Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited
          www.cassiel.com