Damaged OASYS PCI

  • marber_mba
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 14, 2009
      Hi There,

      i got an damaged OASYS where the Sample Ram of one DSP are damaged.
      I plan to change it, but don't found an Distributor that can sell it for an low Price. 2 i found will 30 Euro per Piece!
      Korg can't help, i have contact the Korg Support, but the only Answer is, that the Support has ended and no Spareparts or Support are available.
      Can anybody help me?
      The Memory is an 2Mx8 EDO Ram with 28 Pins. The Type 81V17805A-60PFTN.
      Has anyone Change this with an other one? From old PC Memory?

      Thanks Mario
    • Grant Headquarters
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 15, 2009
        > i got an damaged OASYS where the Sample Ram of one DSP are damaged.
        I plan to change it, but don't found an Distributor that can sell it for
        an low Price. 2 i found will 30 Euro per Piece!

        So, you found it, congratulations. It may be expensive compared to
        regular computer parts, but if you want your Oasys-PCI back up and
        running again, it seems like a good deal to me.

        jg::

        ````
      • marber_mba
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2009
          Hi,

          Now i have found some compatible Chip's, but don't get it until Today.
          The damaged Ram i have unsolder. And LOL it's Funny, the OSYS works without the Memory too.
          All Effects and Programs (Samples etc.) that uses the Ram do nothing.
          The Sound would be played, but without the Effect, and with Samples nothing is to hear. The Resource Monitor displays the Usage of the Ram, although it is not Present.
          If i got the new Ram, i would write if it Work or not. ;-)

          Cheers Mario

          --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Grant Headquarters <jggrant@...> wrote:

          > > i got an damaged OASYS where the Sample Ram of one DSP are damaged.
          > I plan to change it, but don't found an Distributor that can sell it for
          > an low Price. 2 i found will 30 Euro per Piece!
          >

          > So, you found it, congratulations. It may be expensive compared to
          > regular computer parts, but if you want your Oasys-PCI back up and
          > running again, it seems like a good deal to me.
          >
          > jg::
          >

          > ````

        • marber_mba
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
            Hi Folks,

            now it's done.
            I got the new Memory for my OASYS and changet it. And it works!
            Thats great, now i have no Problems more.
            I put some Pics here.

            Greetings Mario

            --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "marber_mba" <synthmba@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Now i have found some compatible Chip's, but don't get it until Today.
            > The damaged Ram i have unsolder. And LOL it's Funny, the OSYS works without the Memory too.
            > All Effects and Programs (Samples etc.) that uses the Ram do nothing.
            > The Sound would be played, but without the Effect, and with Samples nothing is to hear. The Resource Monitor displays the Usage of the Ram, although it is not Present.
            > If i got the new Ram, i would write if it Work or not. ;-)
            >
            > Cheers Mario
            >

            > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Grant Headquarters <jggrant@> wrote:
            > >

            > > > i got an damaged OASYS where the Sample Ram of one DSP are damaged.
            > > I plan to change it, but don't found an Distributor that can sell it for
            > > an low Price. 2 i found will 30 Euro per Piece!
            > >

            > > So, you found it, congratulations. It may be expensive compared to
            > > regular computer parts, but if you want your Oasys-PCI back up and
            > > running again, it seems like a good deal to me.
            > >
            > > jg::
            > >

            > > ````

          • wjrmns
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
              Mario,

              Read all your postings,

              YOU'RE A GENIOUS!!!

              Regards,
              Danny Weijermans
              Composer
              The Netherlands

              --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "marber_mba" <synthmba@...> wrote:

              > Hi Folks,
              >
              > now it's done.
              > I got the new Memory for my OASYS and changet it. And it works!
              > Thats great, now i have no Problems more.
              > I put some Pics here.
              >
              > Greetings Mario
              >
              > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "marber_mba" <synthmba@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > Now i have found some compatible Chip's, but don't get it until Today.
              > > The damaged Ram i have unsolder. And LOL it's Funny, the OSYS works without the Memory too.
              > > All Effects and Programs (Samples etc.) that uses the Ram do nothing.
              > > The Sound would be played, but without the Effect, and with Samples nothing is to hear. The Resource Monitor displays the Usage of the Ram, although it is not Present.
              > > If i got the new Ram, i would write if it Work or not. ;-)
              > >
              > > Cheers Mario

              > > > I plan to change it, but don't found an Distributor that can sell it for
              > > > an low Price. 2 i found will 30 Euro per Piece!
              > > >

              > > > So, you found it, congratulations. It may be expensive compared to
              > > > regular computer parts, but if you want your Oasys-PCI back up and
              > > > running again, it seems like a good deal to me.
              > > >
              > > > jg::
              > > >

              > > > ````

            • LIBRA
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                Hello,

                Greats news !!!
                Enjoy now your music.

                Mike
                Sound Designer
                France

              • rrooyyccee@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                  If the oasys is agnostic about the actual sample content I wonder if it would be possible to circuitbend one.

                  No never mind, that would be stupid.

                  Royce
                  Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                  > I got the new Memory for my OASYS and changet it. And it works!
                  > Thats great, now i have no Problems more.
                  > I put some Pics here.
                  >
                  > Greetings Mario
                  >
                  > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "marber_mba" <synthmba@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > Now i have found some compatible Chip's, but don't get it until Today.
                  > > The damaged Ram i have unsolder. And LOL it's Funny, the OSYS works without the Memory too.
                  > > All Effects and Programs (Samples etc.) that uses the Ram do nothing.
                  > > The Sound would be played, but without the Effect, and with Samples nothing is to hear. The Resource Monitor displays the Usage of the Ram, although it is not Present.
                  > > If i got the new Ram, i would write if it Work or not. ;-)
                  > >
                  > > Cheers Mario

                  > > > I plan to change it, but don't found an Distributor that can sell it for
                  > > > an low Price. 2 i found will 30 Euro per Piece!
                  > > >

                  > > > So, you found it, congratulations. It may be expensive compared to
                  > > > regular computer parts, but if you want your Oasys-PCI back up and
                  > > > running again, it seems like a good deal to me.
                  > > >
                  > > > jg::
                  > > >

                  > > > ````

                • Joe F.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                    No, you could soft-circuit bend it.
                    I actually made some useless stuff in Synthkit, like a delay that
                    sounds like a ping-pong ball: big bounce-smaller-smaller-smaller-
                    until it skitters away.

                    Then I was trying to do a soft distortion that ended up as an effect
                    that you could hear, but not describe. The processed sound came out
                    "different" but only in a subtle, non-quantifiable way. Probably just
                    changed phase relationships in different parts of the frequency
                    spectrum.

                    But maybe "O-Speak 'n Spell" is an idea whose time has come.

                    Joe F.

                  • wjrmns
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                      Hi Joe,

                      Very interested in your ping-pong ball delay in synthkit.

                      Any chance of posting this?

                      Regardz,
                      Danny Weijermans
                      Composer
                      The Netherlands

                      --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Joe F." <joef1@...> wrote:

                      > No, you could soft-circuit bend it.
                      > I actually made some useless stuff in Synthkit, like a delay that
                      > sounds like a ping-pong ball: big bounce-smaller-smaller-smaller-
                      > until it skitters away.
                      >
                      > Then I was trying to do a soft distortion that ended up as an effect
                      > that you could hear, but not describe. The processed sound came out
                      > "different" but only in a subtle, non-quantifiable way. Probably just
                      > changed phase relationships in different parts of the frequency
                      > spectrum.
                      >
                      > But maybe "O-Speak 'n Spell" is an idea whose time has come.
                      >
                      > Joe F.
                      >
                      > On Oct 7, 2009, at 9:50 PM, rrooyyccee@... wrote:
                      >
                      > > If the oasys is agnostic about the actual sample content I wonder if
                      > > it would be possible to circuitbend one.
                      > >
                      > > No never mind, that would be stupid.
                      > >
                      > > Royce
                      > > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    • Joe F.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 9, 2009
                        It wasn't very useful or controllable, but I might find it over the
                        next week.
                        Are you on the Synthkit list? If so I'll try to find the source

                        Joe F.

                        On Oct 8, 2009, at 2:54 AM, wjrmns wrote:

                        > Hi Joe,
                        >
                        > Very interested in your ping-pong ball delay in synthkit.
                        >
                        > Any chance of posting this?
                        >
                        > Regardz,
                        > Danny Weijermans
                        > Composer
                        > The Netherlands

                      • wjrmns
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 9, 2009
                          thanks Joe for answering this quickly!
                          interested anyway!
                          yep, I'm on the Syntkit list.
                          Yes, the source Luke, use the source Luke ;)

                          Danny

                          --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Joe F." <joef1@...> wrote:

                          > It wasn't very useful or controllable, but I might find it over the
                          > next week.
                          > Are you on the Synthkit list? If so I'll try to find the source
                          >
                          > Joe F.
                          >
                          > On Oct 8, 2009, at 2:54 AM, wjrmns wrote:
                          >
                          > > Hi Joe,
                          > >
                          > > Very interested in your ping-pong ball delay in synthkit.
                          > >
                          > > Any chance of posting this?
                          > >
                          > > Regardz,
                          > > Danny Weijermans
                          > > Composer
                          > > The Netherlands

                        • marber_mba
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 9, 2009
                            Hi to all,

                            Thanks for the Laurels. But i don't understand. The OASYS are not Circuit bended. I have only change damaged Memory Chips.

                            Greetings Mario