now so much a 'how-to' but more of a 'is-it-possble- to-do-this' type thing

  • Bill & Linda
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
      i have a small analog recording studio here and i'm upgrading to use a
      pc based recording software. My OASYS 88 key is the flagship of my
      keyoard rig. here's what i'm wanting to know....can the control
      surfaces of the oasys 88 be used to control DAW software such as sonar
      or logic? i'm too old school to use a mouse to mix with. i'm trying to
      integrate the new system in a seamlessly as possible. does the control
      surface send midi control meseages or does it only work local? i'm
      wanting to use the oasys 88 as my midi controller for the vst soft
      synths and such in my daw. ok that's it...i dunno if this question is
      too technical or if anything i suggested is even possible. sure would
      be nice to incorporate this feature into the unit so you dont have to
      have even more gear in front of you. just plug in your oasys and use
      it as an audio interace with your daw. and instead of another box on
      you workdesk your controller is right there in front of you.
      ok thanks for any help
      Bill
    • danatkorg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
        --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Bill & Linda" <rodtruckdesign@...> wrote:

        > i have a small analog recording studio here and i'm upgrading to use a
        > pc based recording software. My OASYS 88 key

        Hi Bill -

        This mailing list is for the OASYS PCI card, released in 1999 for Mac and Windows. The OASYS
        keyboard, released in 2005, is a different product. For discussions relating to the OASYS
        keyboard, I'd recommend the Korg Forums:

        http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=42

        Best regards,

        Dan