Breakout-Cable

  • poksh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
      I lost my breakout-cable. Does anyone if I can get a new one from Korg
      USA as Korg Germany didn't have them anymore (or maybe a hint where to
      get it elsewhere).

      Thank you, Maximilian.
    • Andrew Sciarretta
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        Sorry to hear you are lacking the cable.

        I'm not sure about how to get a new cable, and I would be curious to know if you could get them from Korg.

        There used to be a pinout diagram on the oasyspci yahoo group page, theoretically a new cable could be fabricated by somebody with some good soldering skills.

        If that doesn't work out, look at the spdif, and maybe get a converter box, or go for an adat lightpipe converter box like a Behringer ADA8000 or Frontier Tango.  As far as I can tell you won't use all 8 outputs in terms of how many synths you can typically load on the card.

        good luck

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
          Which cable do you need the analogue audio or the digital/sync cable or both?

          I can make them, i have the parts but because of the time it takes to
          make the digital/sync one they are expensive.

          The analogue ones should be around £25

          Let me know if you are interested.

          Neil

          On 04/06/2008, Andrew Sciarretta <andrewsciarretta@...> wrote:
          > Sorry to hear you are lacking the cable.
          >
          > I'm not sure about how to get a new cable, and I would be curious to know if
          > you could get them from Korg.
          >
          > There used to be a pinout diagram on the oasyspci yahoo group page,
          > theoretically a new cable could be fabricated by somebody with some good
          > soldering skills.
          >
          > If that doesn't work out, look at the spdif, and maybe get a converter box,
          > or go for an adat lightpipe converter box like a Behringer ADA8000 or
          > Frontier Tango.  As far as I can tell you won't use all 8 outputs in
          > terms of how many synths you can typically load on the card.
          >
          > good luck

          Neil Hester