Better way to access Yahoo Groups

  • Jonathan Westbay
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      Since we all use Yahoo Groups to receive messages from this group, I thought I
      would let you know about a free service I found called Grouply. It is the best
      way I've discovered to access messages from all my Yahoo Groups. You can use
      this link to sign up: http://www.grouply.com/register.php?r=153135 .

      I am a member of so many groups that I found it very difficult to keep up with
      all of them. Grouply makes it easy. You can search and browse across all your
      groups at once and even view a cross-group event calendar. You can have one
      Smart Digest email (which I love) sent to you at the end of each day that
      summarizes what's going on across all your groups, highlighting what's
      interesting to you and hiding what's not.

      I've found Grouply to be a huge time-saver for me and I thought it would also be
      helpful for others. Enjoy!

      Jonathan

    • AramazdSynth
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
        I ordered one of Harm Visser's instrument plug ins but had to receive
        the e-mail and attachment on a PC. I resent the same message to myself
        to download the attached zip file on my OS 9 mac. After unzipping them I
        found they had the correct.oas ending but had a generic icon
        representing them. After setting up the folders as instructed, nothing
        works, and it seems logical that its because of a file association problem.

        Also, Harm doesn't mention creating a patch folder for those oas files.
        When I followed his instructions to the letter I was unable to get the
        Oasys editor to recognize any of the sounds. Dragging and dropping them
        to load them brought up an error message about an incorrect path, and
        they remained grayed out. When I created a patch folder and put the
        unzipped patch folder into that folder, I was able to drag and drop them
        without an error message, but the system froze.

        There's at least one problem here that I know nothing about, so any
        assistance would be greatly appreciated.

        Ara
      • Lenny Stearns
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
          A question for those who have been on the list awhile - wasn't there a
          utility somewhere that solved this problem and fixed the association
          problem? Or am I thinking of something else? It was a long time ago, but I
          think there was something that did this.

          Ara, did you check the files section on Yahoo for this group? Perhaps
          there's something there that does this.

          Regards,
          Lenny

[...]

          Contacting Korg Technical Support

          Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
          and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
          on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:

          http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm

          This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.

          Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
          enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
          note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
          like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
          offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
          support questions.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Lenny Stearns
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
            Well, I answered my own question, I guess, and hopefully yours. I found the
            utility on my computer much faster than I expected.

            I uploaded it to the files section of the user group.

            I hope that helps.

            Regards,
            Lenny

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
              Hi Lenny

              Just after I sent my message I remembered to look into that and the
              problem was solved. The auto typer utility is in the 2.0 mac package.

              The Harm Visser plug in is working with the exception of two specific
              programs, and its probably much better to talk to Harm about that. I
              think his instructions and/or English are not clear about setting up the
              plug ins, though.

              Ara

              ps - Thanks for uploading that file, as I'm sure there are others who
              will need it.