Re: a message for the creator of the ORWELL DIGITAL COLLECTION

  • DowntownPaulyP
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2007
      I think the problem is the filenames use disallowed characters. Check
      them out and compare to allowed filename characters for your OS, I'm
      not sure what's allowed on a Mac.

      --Pauly

      --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Othal,Hail,&Thorn"
      <ingmanerik23@...> wrote:

      > A shot in the dark.
      >
      > If you are trying to unzip these on a 98 OS where OASYS pci resides,
      that may be the problem. If so try unzipping those files say on an XP
      OS and then move the contents over to your OASYS PC.

      > Cheers!!!
      >
      > !ERIK!
      >
      > bys_jhn <john.boys@...> wrote: hello alex,
      >
      > i have 2 problems with your collection:
      >
      > i cant see or use any files on a mac.
      >
      > i have downloaded the zip file many times, and this is what i get when
      > i try to open it. certain files appear to be corrupt, as detailed
      > below. this is an automatic dump made by winrar:
      >
      > "! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\orwell
      > digital\orgentwofull.zip: Cannot create ORWELLFullCollection\Place
      > ContentsIntoOasysPCIFolde\Orwell Generation Two\Multisamples\Full
      > Layouts\Icon
      >
      > The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
      > ! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\orwell
      > digital\orgentwofull.zip: Cannot create ORWELLFullCollection\Place
      > ContentsIntoOasysPCIFolde\Orwell Generation Two\Programs\OR-1 Mark
      II\Icon

> [...]
      > Factor-X \(10)Angry Tribe.oap
      > The system cannot find the path specified.
      > ! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\orwell
      > digital\orgentwofull.zip: Cannot create ORWELLFullCollection\Place
      > ContentsIntoOasysPCIFolde\Orwell Generation Two\Programs\OR-3 Drum
      > Factor-X \(11)Cymabls+Perc Kit.oap
      > The system cannot find the path specified.
      > ! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\orwell
      > digital\orgentwofull.zip: Cannot create ORWELLFullCollection\Place
      > ContentsIntoOasysPCIFolde\Orwell Generation Two\Programs\OR-4
      > AfterShock\Icon
      >
      > The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
      > ! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\orwell
      > digital\orgentwofull.zip: Cannot create ORWELLFullCollection\Place
      > ContentsIntoOasysPCIFolde\Orwell Generation Two\Programs\Simple
      Quad\Icon

    • ronaldroy@aapt.net.au
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2007
        I would love to get the OASYS into my gig rig and have seen that others have
        used a 1ru computer to do so.

        I wonder if I could get some guidance. I'm a MAC boy and not much au fait
        with the technical aspects of ...well anything really.

        Can I use something like this? :

        http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320194789515&ssPa
        geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

        Cheers,
        Andrew

      • Dante Turrini
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2007
          You might be able to get an older Mac XServe, but I am not sure there is
          one capable of booting into OS9 (which is essential to use the Oasys PCI).

          >I would love to get the OASYS into my gig rig and have seen that others have
          >used a 1ru computer to do so.
          >
          >I wonder if I could get some guidance. I'm a MAC boy and not much au fait
          >with the technical aspects of ...well anything really.
          >
          >Can I use something like this? :
          >
          >http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320194789515&ssPa
          >geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011
          >

          >Cheers,
          >Andrew

          >Contacting Korg Technical Support
          >
          >Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
          >and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
          >on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
          >
          >http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
          >
          >This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
          >
          >Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
          >enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
          >note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
          >like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
          >offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
          >support questions.
          >
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          "Indeed, it would not be an exaggeration to describe the history of the
          computer industry for the past decade as a massive effort to keep up with
          Apple." -Byte

          |______ Dante Turrini - via F.Malaguti, 7 - 40126 BOLOGNA, ITALY ______|
          |________ Phone: +39 051 253865 - Mobile phone: +39 335 6376723 _______|
          |____________________ http://www.determinante.net _____________________|
          |___________________ mailto:dante@... ____________________|
        • Nick Rothwell
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2007
            On 15 Dec 2007, at 08:55, <ronaldroy@...>
            <ronaldroy@...> wrote:

            > Can I use something like this? :
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
            > ViewItem&rd=1&item=320194789515&ssPa
            > geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

            Hmm .. a bit tricky to make it out from the photos, but it doesn't
            appear to have a cage for full-length PCI cards, in which case the
            OasysPCI wouldn't fit.

            By contrast, look at the spec. sheet for the ITOX boxes, which some
            of us have:

            http://www.itox.com/pages/products/expand/expandss.php

            It's pretty clear that the PCI card cage is pretty deep. This is the
            main feature you need in a 1U box.

            -- N.

            nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://
            www.cassiel.com
          • Scott Harris
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 15, 2007
              I can confirm as well that the ITOX cases with DC powersupply and the silentfan software are very reliable. WIthout the mods and software they are too loud. I have been able to run the fan speed at 3% for hours at a time without over heating forcing shut down. I have two cases and they look very smart in the studio.

              From: Nick Rothwell <nick@...>
              Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:31:17 +0000

              Sent via the KillerWebMail system at mail.interhop.net