Samples for Oasys PCI and S2000

  • drummingjohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi,

      Please pardon my ignorance regarding samples.

      I've been hearing good things about the sample CDs offered at
      http://www.dorumalaia.com/ at $29 shipped

      I'm thinking of ordering one or two of the sample CDs which are offered in three formats.

      16 bit/44100 hz .wav &
      24 bit/96000 hz .wav &
      Reason refills

      I am not sure of whether I would be better off buying the 16 bit or 24 bit .wav versions.

      I expect to be using these with an Oasys PCI and an Akai S2000 sampler. I understand that
      the Oasys PCI uses 24 bit 44100 hz samples and the S2000 used 16 bit 44100 hz
      samples.

      If I buy the 24 bit/96000 hz versions would it be an easy thing to find an inexpensive way
      to convert/dither down the files I'm going to use to 16 bit/44100 and 24 bit/44100?

      Or, am I better off to just buy the 16 bit versions?

      Thanks in advance,
      John
    • lars_arnwald
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2006
        Hello,
        Going through old messages. In posting #16870 of Oct 2, 2005,
        drummingjohn wrote:

        I've been hearing good things about the sample CDs offered at
        http://www.dorumalaia.com/ at $29 shipped

        I'm thinking of ordering one or two of the sample CDs which are
        offered in three
        formats.

        16 bit/44100 hz .wav &
        24 bit/96000 hz .wav &
        Reason refills

        The URL mentioned doesn´t seem to work any longer. Has anybody in the
        group experiences with these samples? Where can one get them?
        Regards, Lars
        lars.arnwald@...
      • Lunar Sound Design
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2006