Re: [oasys-pci] MAC for Oasys card

  • Nick Rothwell
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2005
      > I'm looking for a good spec on a used mac I can get off of ebay.
      >
      > What should I look for / look out for?

      Go for a blue-and-white G3. The OasysPCI will run on older machines,
      but I'm quite fond of the curvy towers, and they're well constructed.
      (I have one of my OasysPCI's in a Sawtooth G4.)

      -- N.

      --

      nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://www.cassiel.com
    • scootergraphics
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Robert D" <robertdol@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've had my Oasys card in an old pc for a long time. I'm planning
        > get rid of the old PC and look for a MAC to install this unit in.

        A lot of folks will recommend the Blue and White G3s. I think that's
        a good choice, but
        perhaps I could add my 2 cents?

        I've installed OASYS in an old PowerMac 9600 and it works great. The
        good thing about the
        9600 is that it is much more expandable than other options--6 PCI
        slots and lots of
        memory slots. Even without upgrading, it meets the minimum
        requirements to run OASYS
        and Cubase (which is what I'm doing).

        Another good thing is that there is built in serial ports for your
        MIDI stuff, so you don't
        have to much around with USB or install a stealth port.