[oasys-pci] Korg Oasys and Korg MS 2000R - Redundant?

  • Rob C
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
      I have just purchased a used Korg OASYS PCI that I plan on using in my
      set-up with MOTU's Digital Performer. Based on what it has to offer,
      is having my Korg MS2000R redundant or does it offer things the card
      does not?

      Thanks,
      Rob C
    • Adrian Earnshaw
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
        I have an Oasys, Trinity, Triton and MS2000. None of these are redundant as they all sound great, especially when the Oasys runs out of DSP power after you've layered a few instruments.

        Adrian

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/AXvbED/JARHAA/n1hLAA/QnLolB/TM -----------

        http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm

        > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
        >
        > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
        > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit.
        > Please note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as
        > they like talking with people about the product, and may
        > occasionally offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all
        > technical support questions.
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > __________ NOD32 1.937 (20041202) Information __________
        >
        > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
        http://www.nod32.com
      • Andrew Sciarretta
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
          Hi,

          I think the standalone package of the MS2000r along
          with its unique sequencing/ arpeggiator controls and
          programming interface and flow will still be unique.
          I have a z1 and it doesn't seem at all redundent to
          me, though people say the algorithms are similar, its
          the total package that makes it what it is. The
          ms2000r may be a do a fine job sequencing the oasys
          for instance. It'll free up the oasys for other
          tasks.

          - Andrew

          --- Adrian Earnshaw <themusicscape@...>

          http://my.yahoo.com
        • msjones4th
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 9, 2004
            Nick,

            Try Fabfilter One. http://www.fabfilter.com/products/one.asp (30 day
            full-featured demo). Best filter, hands down, in the digital world!
            Oscillator is pretty darn good too.

            This is the one that convinced me. I mean really convinced me. Before
            this one, I was very skeptical about virtual analog plugins (except of
            course for my beloved OASYS). And believe me, I demoed a lot of them.

            Its only $59, stable as a rock, and for copy protection they email you
            a personal license key. (I haven't bought FF1 yet, but I'm thinking
            the license key should be portable to another machine, even if they go
            kaput)

            And the CPU usage is very very light! Even on my G4 QuickSilver 933.
            But it is lacking in the feature department, with only one oscillator,
            one filter, one envelope, and one LFO. But I'm hoping FabFilter Two
            will address that!