Ring modulator

  • Roberto
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      just wondering: is any ring modulator available in any
      synth built with SynthKit?

      I quite like the peculiar «sci-fi» style of sounds like this
      (done using the ring modulator of a Yamaha CS-80):

      http://personal.inet.fi/private/matador/cs-80_user_ringmod.mp3

      Thanks,

      Roberto Giannotta
      Trieste, Italy
    • Harm Visser
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Roberto,

        Yes, the Xtreme has a ring modulator, you even can 'morph' from a
        amplitude modulator to a ring modulator!!!!

        Regards
        Harm Visser
        www.hvsynthdesign.com

        On Oct 2, 2004, at 1:18 AM, Roberto wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > just wondering: is any ring modulator available in any
        > synth built with SynthKit?
        >
        > I quite like the peculiar «sci-fi» style of sounds like this
        > (done using the ring modulator of a Yamaha CS-80):
        >
        > http://personal.inet.fi/private/matador/cs-80_user_ringmod.mp3
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Roberto Giannotta
        > Trieste, Italy

        > Contacting Korg Technical Support
        >
        > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
        > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
        > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
        >
        > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
        >
        > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
        >
        > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
        > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
        > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
        > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
        > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
        > support questions.
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Roberto
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
          Thanks Harm,

          I'll take Xtreme in extreme consideration then :-)

          By the way, I'd like to know also if any Oasys plug-in
          can feature an auto-oscillating filter (it's just curiosity).
          I'm not a hardware expert, so I'm not sure if I've asked
          a sensible question!

          Anyway, it's a couple of years I use just the presets of my
          Oasys, and I'd have the intention to finally use SynthKit -
          the great tool we have at our disposal to exploit the Oasys.
          I gave it a look, and it seems a bit more complicated than
          Reaktor, thus a bit intimidating - but I'm seriously motivated.

          In the meantime, my compliments for YOUR achievements!

          Ciao from Italy,
          Roberto Giannotta

          --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Harm Visser <hvisser@w...> wrote:
          > Hi Roberto,
          >
          > Yes, the Xtreme has a ring modulator, you even can 'morph' from a
          > amplitude modulator to a ring modulator!!!!
          >
          > Regards
          > Harm Visser
          > www.hvsynthdesign.com
        • Roberto
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
            ... and in the meantime, I've bought Xtreme.

            I'll toy with it as soon as I find some time :-)

            Roberto Giannotta
            Trieste, Italy