Re: [oasys-pci] Re: Using Oasys with a mini-ITX motherboard

  • Nick Rothwell
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 4, 2004
      > Nick, did you eventually get WinSE working with mini-ITX and Oasys?

      Nope - well, not yet. I now have a spare Mini-ITX box so I should give
      it another try.

      -- N.

      --

      nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://www.cassiel.com
    • Eric Baird
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 4, 2004
        --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, Nick Rothwell wrote:
        > > Nick, did you eventually get WinSE working with mini-ITX
        > > and Oasys?
        >
        > Nope - well, not yet. I now have a spare Mini-ITX box so
        > I should give it another try.

        Well, I did see something on a website somewhere saying that one is
        recommended to _not_ use the latest 4-in-1 drivers if you want to run
        Win98SE on a VIA board. Don't know that's bunk or not, I did try a
        couple of 4-in-1 versions with SE without it getting me working, then
        gave up.

        Just wondered, if you'd happened to have had instant success with
        98SE, which drivers you'd used. But if you haven't, maybe it's not
        worth spending time on it.

        Regards,
        Eric
      • replicant3333
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 14 7:38 AM
          --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Baird" <eric_baird@c...> wrote:
          > A couple of Idle Thoughts ... if someone wanted to spend some more
          > serious money on portable IXT/Oasys box, you can get little
          > touchscreens here:
          > http://linitx.com/index.php?
          > cPath=64&osCsid=ed5e7afa92e0ca3463ca91dd984dbbb0
          >
          > , or if someone wanted to get /really/ silly and blow a load of cash
          > on a 1U rackmount Oasys computer, you can get a 1U keyboard and
          > screen here:
          > http://store.compute-aid.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?
          > category=100&item=KVM-RPD115&type=store
          >
          > , but that's really getting into silly money. :D

          So, is anyone out there using their OASYS with a touchscreen?

          Cheers
          Joakim