Re: [oasys-pci] Re: multiple OASYS (more newbie)

  • Loren Nerell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      At 06:41 PM 5/31/2004, you wrote:
      >Would you go into a bit more detail?
      >Not possible only in a G4? How about in a B&W G3? 8600? I have many old
      >macs and have been pondering multiple OASYS cards.

      It is not possible period. We discussed this a year or two ago so your best
      bet is to do a search of the archives, but if I remember correctly Dan
      Phillips mentioned that Korg thought about making it so that you could plug
      multiple cards together sort of like the creamware cards but for some
      reason they decided not to do that.

      >If "not possible", what happens? No boot? No cards recognized? Weird
      >behavior?

      Probably all of the above. The ASIO audio driver spec is one problem, it
      only allows for the use of one card at a time. I've never tried it with an
      Oasys but I did try this with two Lexicon cards once and what happened was
      when you selected your sequencer the program would freeze and you would
      have to reboot. Another problem is the Oasys software isn't designed for
      more then one card, their is nothing in the code to tell it what to do if
      more then one card is in your machine. If it saw two then it might run only
      one or it just might crash since it doesn't know what to do with more then one.

      >I am interested in actual accounts from people who have tried to run more
      >than one OASYS card in the same machines, whatever console it may be.

      I've never heard of anyone trying it, why not buy another card yourself and
      try it? Let us know the out come.

      Take care.

      - Loren Nerell