file upload advice?

  • kayemm007
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi All, what's the policy with uploads to the file-share area? I've
      got a demo tune i've made with the Oasys and i'd like to put it up
      there to get some feedback - it's a 3562k mp3, do i just go ahead
      and upload it or is that bad form?

      Karl.
    • danatkorg
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "kayemm007" <karl.morton@b...> wrote:
        > Hi All, what's the policy with uploads to the file-share area? I've
        > got a demo tune i've made with the Oasys and i'd like to put it up
        > there to get some feedback - it's a 3562k mp3, do i just go ahead
        > and upload it or is that bad form?

        We have a quota of 20 MB for the group, and currently only have about
        4 MB free. I should probably do some housekeeping.

        Several people have cool-sounding mp3s in the file section already;
        these are taking up the bulk of the file space.

        What should we do? I'm inclined to rotate the older mp3s out...

        - Dan
      • kayemm007
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          I could drop the bitrate and maybe use VBR to get the size down if
          that would help (3mb is probably just too large)? if i can get the
          size down we could leave the file area as it is. It might be nice
          to keep the stuff that's there because my tune is quite rough around
          the edges!

          Karl.

          > We have a quota of 20 MB for the group, and currently only have
          about
          > 4 MB free. I should probably do some housekeeping.
          >
          > Several people have cool-sounding mp3s in the file section already;
          > these are taking up the bulk of the file space.
          >
          > What should we do? I'm inclined to rotate the older mp3s out...
          >
          > - Dan
        • Elmar Kurgpold
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
            Hey Dan,

            I think we talked about this a while back. One idea was to post an mp3
            somewhere else on the net (like your home page) with a link to the Oasys
            group page. There's a links section, right?

            Elmar

            On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 08:31 PM, danatkorg wrote:

            > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "kayemm007" <karl.morton@b...> wrote:
            >> Hi All, what's the policy with uploads to the file-share area? I've
            >> got a demo tune i've made with the Oasys and i'd like to put it up
            >> there to get some feedback - it's a 3562k mp3, do i just go ahead
            >> and upload it or is that bad form?
            >
            > We have a quota of 20 MB for the group, and currently only have about
            > 4 MB free. I should probably do some housekeeping.
            >
            > Several people have cool-sounding mp3s in the file section already;
            > these are taking up the bulk of the file space.
            >
            > What should we do? I'm inclined to rotate the older mp3s out...
            >
            > - Dan

            > Contacting Korg Technical Support
            >
            > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
            > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
            > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
            >
            > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
            >
            > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
            >
            > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
            > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
            > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
            > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
            > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
            > support questions.
            >

            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Elmar Kurgpold
            Dreamsonics
            http://www.dreamsonics.com
            Buy Earthbeat's debut CD at our website now!

          • harm visser
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
              Hi,

              When you use one (or more) synths from hvsynthdesign, there is also room on
              my site for placing mp3's.

              Regards
              Harm Visser

              > Van: kayemm007 <karl.morton@...>
              > Beantwoord: oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com
              > Datum: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 03:43:16 +0000
              > Aan: oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com
              > Onderwerp: [oasys-pci] Re: file upload advice?
              >
              > I could drop the bitrate and maybe use VBR to get the size down if
              > that would help (3mb is probably just too large)? if i can get the
              > size down we could leave the file area as it is. It might be nice
              > to keep the stuff that's there because my tune is quite rough around
              > the edges!
              >
              > Karl.
              >

              >> We have a quota of 20 MB for the group, and currently only have
              > about
              >> 4 MB free. I should probably do some housekeeping.
              >>
              >> Several people have cool-sounding mp3s in the file section already;
              >> these are taking up the bulk of the file space.
              >>
              >> What should we do? I'm inclined to rotate the older mp3s out...
              >>
              >> - Dan

              > Contacting Korg Technical Support
              >
              > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
              > and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
              > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:
              >
              > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
              >
              > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
              >
              > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
              > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
              > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
              > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
              > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
              > support questions.

            • Johnr91468
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
                I deleted my "Here Am I" mp3, and uploaded an '.m3u' file in its
                place (it is a link to the file instead)...

                ;-)

                JR

                --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "danatkorg" <dan@k...> wrote:
                > --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "kayemm007" <karl.morton@b...>
                wrote:
                > > Hi All, what's the policy with uploads to the file-share area?
                I've
                > > got a demo tune i've made with the Oasys and i'd like to put it
                up
                > > there to get some feedback - it's a 3562k mp3, do i just go ahead
                > > and upload it or is that bad form?
                >
                > We have a quota of 20 MB for the group, and currently only have
                about
                > 4 MB free. I should probably do some housekeeping.
                >
                > Several people have cool-sounding mp3s in the file section already;
                > these are taking up the bulk of the file space.
                >
                > What should we do? I'm inclined to rotate the older mp3s out...
                >
                > - Dan
              • kayemm007
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2003
                  that's a great idea - i'll do that!