Re: [oasys-pci] Logic 5.5.1 - Audio Streams

  • Andrew Sciarretta
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
      If you open the audio mixer in Logic (a collection of audio objects), and try to select outputs, there should be 10 stereo output pairs listed starting with 1-2, ending with 19-20. The first stream into oasys from logic is 13-14. There is a table in the faq that describes this. If you do not see these, perhaps you are not using the asio driver and have hardware set to pc/av driver (would this matter ? just a guess), or we are not referring to audio objects in the same way? good luck !

      - Andrew

      goroovy <GoRoovy@...> wrote:
      Hi!
      First question to the list.
      I am keeping a dedicated PC (WIN98SE)
      for this wonderful Korg Oasys card.
      Using Sonar, but not totally satisfied
      w/VST support (abends even w/wrapper).
      Decided to buy the Logic Audio Big Box
      for Windows (great deal from Guitar
      Center). Already experiencing much
      better stability for all things VST.
      Now the Logic Audio question...
      When creating an audio object, I only
      have 6 stereo O/P's to select from:
      Analog, SPDIF & the 4 ADAT.
      Where are the Audio Streams (1-8) for
      feeding the audio from Logic back into
      the Korg mixer????
      Any guidance would be appreciated.
      Peace...
      John

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Contacting Korg Technical Support

      Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
      and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
      on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:

      http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm

      This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.

      Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
      enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
      note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
      like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
      offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
      support questions.

    • NanoTech
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        Yeah I get all channels with no effert ; )
        Should just find em m8!
        ?

        Nano

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Thanks for the replies, but...
          Only 6 stereo O/P pairs are available to select from.
          They are functioning OK (i.e. if I send
          O/P to 5-6 (ADAT 1/2), I do get O/P).

          I'm using Logic Audio 5.5.1 (not Gold or Platinum).
          Here are my Audio Harware settings:
          Audio Driver Tab
          ----------------
          PC AV - unchecked
          Wave Player - unchecked
          VS - unchecked
          Audiowerk - unchecked

          Audio Driver 2 Tab
          -------------------
          Direct I/O - unchecked
          ASIO - checked
          Driver - Korg OASYS PCI ASIO 2.0 Driver
          Clock Source - Internal
          Volume Smoothing - 50
          Max. Number of Audio Tracks - 40
          20/24 Bit Recording - checked
          Software Monitoring - checked
          Larger Disk Buffer - unchecked
          ASIO Buffer Delay - 0 Out - 0
          Max. I/O Streams - Max Out - Max

          Environment/Audio Mixer
          -----------------------
          Only 6 stereo O/P pairs available for selection
          1-2 (analog) 3-4 (SPDIF) 5-6,7-8,9-10,11-12 (ADAT)

          I'm hoping it's just a setting (or two) preventing
          Logic from acknowledging the 4 stereo streams.
          Also (perhaps a clue) if I switch from the OASYS
          ASIO driver to my Yamaha DSP ASIO driver, Logic
          is still only acknowledging 6 stereo O/P pairs.
          The Yamaha DSP has 8 stereo O/P pairs.

          Any ideas????

          Peace...
          John

          p.s.This could have been posted to the Logic Audio list,
          but I thought I'd try here first since my main concern
          is being able to use the OASYS w/Logic.

          --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "NanoTech" <nano@s...> wrote:
          > Yeah I get all channels with no effert ; )
          > Should just find em m8!
          > ?
          >
          > Nano

          Service.

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > Contacting Korg Technical Support
          >
          > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
          > and able to handle all technical support questions. For
          information
          > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI
          FAQ:

          > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
          >
          > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
          >
          > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list,
          and
          > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit.
          Please
          > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
          > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
          > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
          > support questions.

          Service.

        • NanoTech
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
            I'd reinstall first...if you have not...maybe if nessecary reformatt?
            Good Luck, like I say it was completely idiotproof in my case...and it doen't sound like yer an idiot!=)
            Only 6 stereo O/P pairs are available to select from.
            They are functioning OK (i.e. if I send
            O/P to 5-6 (ADAT 1/2), I do get O/P).

            I'm using Logic Audio 5.5.1 (not Gold or Platinum).
            Here are my Audio Harware settings:
            Audio Driver Tab
            ----------------
            PC AV - unchecked
            Wave Player - unchecked
            VS - unchecked
            Audiowerk - unchecked

            Audio Driver 2 Tab
            -------------------
            Direct I/O - unchecked
            ASIO - checked
            Driver - Korg OASYS PCI ASIO 2.0 Driver
            Clock Source - Internal
            Volume Smoothing - 50
            Max. Number of Audio Tracks - 40
            20/24 Bit Recording - checked
            Software Monitoring - checked
            Larger Disk Buffer - unchecked
            ASIO Buffer Delay - 0 Out - 0
            Max. I/O Streams - Max Out - Max

            Environment/Audio Mixer
            -----------------------
            Only 6 stereo O/P pairs available for selection
            1-2 (analog) 3-4 (SPDIF) 5-6,7-8,9-10,11-12 (ADAT)

            I'm hoping it's just a setting (or two) preventing
            Logic from acknowledging the 4 stereo streams.
            Also (perhaps a clue) if I switch from the OASYS
            ASIO driver to my Yamaha DSP ASIO driver, Logic
            is still only acknowledging 6 stereo O/P pairs.
            The Yamaha DSP has 8 stereo O/P pairs.

            Any ideas????

            Peace...
            John

            p.s.This could have been posted to the Logic Audio list,
            but I thought I'd try here first since my main concern
            is being able to use the OASYS w/Logic.

            --- In oasys-pci@yahoogroups.com, "NanoTech" <nano@s...> wrote:
            > Yeah I get all channels with no effert ; )
            > Should just find em m8!
            > ?
            >
            > Nano

            Service.

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > Contacting Korg Technical Support
            >
            > Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
            > and able to handle all technical support questions. For
            information
            > on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI
            FAQ:

            > http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm
            >
            > This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.
            >
            > Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list,
            and
            > enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit.
            Please
            > note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
            > like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
            > offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
            > support questions.

            Service.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Contacting Korg Technical Support

            Korg's world-wide network of Korg Distributors is ready, willing,
            and able to handle all technical support questions. For information
            on contacting their tech support departments, see the OASYS PCI FAQ:

            http://www.korg.com/oasys_pci_faq_html/oasys_pci_tech_support.htm

            This mailing list, however, is not a forum for technical support.

            Members of the Korg R&D product development team read the list, and
            enjoy participating in discussions as their schedules permit. Please
            note that these are not technical support personnel. Much as they
            like talking with people about the product, and may occasionally
            offer assistance, they unfortunately cannot answer all technical
            support questions.

          • Gary O
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
              > Only 6 stereo O/P pairs are available to select from.
              > They are functioning OK (i.e. if I send
              > O/P to 5-6 (ADAT 1/2), I do get O/P).

              > I'm using Logic Audio 5.5.1 (not Gold or Platinum).
              > Here are my Audio Harware settings:
              > Audio Driver Tab
              > Only 6 stereo O/P pairs available for selection
              > 1-2 (analog) 3-4 (SPDIF) 5-6,7-8,9-10,11-12 (ADAT)

              > I'm hoping it's just a setting (or two) preventing
              > Logic from acknowledging the 4 stereo streams.
              > Also (perhaps a clue) if I switch from the OASYS
              > ASIO driver to my Yamaha DSP ASIO driver, Logic
              > is still only acknowledging 6 stereo O/P pairs.
              > The Yamaha DSP has 8 stereo O/P pairs.

              > Any ideas????

              Hello John,

              The only thing I can think of is that "Logic Audio" (not Gold or Platinum)
              limits you to a certain number of outputs. There used to be a comparison
              chart of all versions of Logic but all I could find was this chart for
              Version 6. It should give you some insight anyhow, just scroll down to the
              section called "Max Number". Since you're getting 12 outputs (Analog(2),
              SPDIF(2), ADAT(8) ) that seems to be inline with this chart.

              http://www.emagic.de/products/ls/comparisonchart/audio.php?lang=EN

              Hope this helps,

              Kind Regards,

              GaryO

            • goroovy
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
                Hi!

                Thanks GaryO!!
                ONLY 12 STEREO O/P PAIRS - BUMMER!!
                Well, well, well. I guess I didn't read
                the audio O/P specs with enough attention
                to detail. I only saw the track specs.

                At least the answer to my dilema came quick
                enough so that I didn't cause myself any
                further (self-inflicted) problems.

                Peace...
                John