RE: [oasys-pci] Re: audio clics when recording

  • pawL
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
      JR wrote:
      >Now that I think about it, it is quite a bit of work to get a 'quiet'
      >DAW!!!

      Yeah that's why sometimes it takes years for an artist to come out with a
      new cd.

      pawL
    • Stéphane Bonvallet
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8, 2003
        Hello,

        I tried all the things you said, but it's not doing better. However I
        went a bit further. The audio clicks are not recorded within the audio
        files. They appear during the playback. I tried almost everything I
        guess (running the session from all the hard drives I get). A friend of
        mine who get the same Cheetah and same Initio Miles SCSI card came to
        help me as he doesn't suffer this problem at all (however he doesn't
        have an OASYS but 2408).

        I reduced the hard drive buffer from 8 Mo to 2 Mo. Anyway I tried
        everything and still get lots of audio clicks while playing back, even
        if I have a blank session with only 1 audio track.

        Did anyone encounter this problem? Any idea would be much appreciated.

        Thanks.
        Stéphane.