Finally, not so many Pentium IVs out there ?

  • greg_bollis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 2:31 AM
      I just read akitaen's thread,
      which makes me think that finally there are not so many Oasys users
      using it in a PIV machine...
      I'd sure like to upgrade to a faster machine for others things
      (plugins, sequencing, audio processing/editing, etc), BUT I would'nt
      like to dive into trouble on the Oasys' side...
      And the hobbyist I am can't afford to have several machines in his
      little music-dedicated room, so a single machine must be the one for
      everything at once.....
      So, PLEASE PIV owners, let us know massively that you happily run
      both a PIV AND an Oasys together !
      Thank you so much !!
    • Benjamin Bernard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 2:58 AM
        Getting a working oasys in a pIV system (MSI 845 Pro2) was an impossible
        task, so i prefered to get back to the good old days of p3. Tualatin (p3-s)
        cpus are still available up to 1.4GHz, and as far as the oasys only runs
        under win9x, the i815ep chipset limitations (512MB RAM max) are acceptable.