So How'd You Become an Activist? w/ Starhawk

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005
      Thursday, November 10, 7:00 pm
      So How'd You Become an Activist?
      777 Valencia St. (betw. 18–19 St.), San Francisco

      A monthly series in which local activists share their experiences and influences that helped them become effective forces for change. Also discussing So What Do We Do Now?

      Featuring:

      Starhawk
      Starhawk is one of the most respected voices in modern earth-based spirituality. She is also well-known as a global justice activist and organizer, whose work and writings have inspired many to action. She is the author or coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral Dance: A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Great Goddess, long considered the essential text for the Neo-Pagan movement, and the now-classic ecotopian novel The Fifth Sacred Thing. Starhawk's newest book is The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature.

      Also featuring:

      Stoney Burke
      Political Comedian, Free Speech Practitioner Extraordinaire

      Donation $5 (Students $3, NCOC FREE)
      For more information, call (415) 927-1645.

      Sponsored by and a benefit for the New College Activism & Social Change Program. For more information about our program, please use our online inquiry form.