WEINGARTEN URGES A VOTE FOR SPITZER, CUOMO, CLINTON

  • N. Weiner
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      By voting for Spitzer, Clinton, and Cuomo, we will all be voting for
      entrenched, stultified politicians that will do the same nothing for
      us for the next four years that they have done for us for the past four.

      I realize this cause is dedicated to class size, but larger class
      sizes are not the problem; they are a symptom of the problem. So is
      virtually every other social problem in the City of New York now --
      sky high taxes, overdevelopment, garbage piled on the street,
      imploding subway, crumbling infrastructure, lack of creation of real
      jobs, outsourcing of jobs.

      The problem is -- pure and simple -- the Republicans and Democrats.
      The Republicans and Democrats -- using the fake battle of Republican
      vs. Democrat -- have flushed billions of our tax dollars down the
      drain and given us little in return.

      But the Republicans and Democrats are just part of the problem. The
      other part of the problem is that 90% of the population are iPod
      listening, cell phone gabbing, satellite TV watching walking zombies.

      We keep voting for the same candidates that kick us in the teeth
      again and again and again, and yet we vote for them again and again
      and again and keep getting kicked in the teeth again and again and
      again. The only way to break this cycle is to vote for something
      different.

      I happen to be registered to vote as a Blank -- no party
      affiliation -- but like Clifton, the Libertarian candidate for
      Governor, Hawkins the Green Party candidate for Senate, and Garvey,
      the Libertarian candidate for Attorney General.

      Nat
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006

        We all have our views on the candidates; I don’t want the discussion to deteriorate into political arguments around election time.

        Please keep all personal endorsements off this list serv; if anyone has a news article or substantive info on a candidate’s positions relevant to NYC schools that would be useful and could be posted.

        If someone continues to do this after being warned, they risk being banned from the list.

        thanks,