Re: [nyceducationnews] Re: Stuyvesant HS...enrollment to 4000 from 3200 now ?

  • Neal Hurwitz
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
      _Thank you very much David!_
      I am quite relieved!
      Great re: commitment to 3200!...that's plenty there as you well know.

      Again, thanks!

      Best, Neal

      Neal H. Hurwitz SHS '62
      www.ourstrongband.org

      cantorrac wrote:

      > This is entirely untrue. Stuyvesant is projected to have 3240
      > students in the fall. We're committed to keeping the school's
      > enrollment around 3200.
      >
      > David Cantor
      > Press Secretary
      > NYCDOE
      >
      > --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:nyceducationnews%40yahoogroups.com>, Neal Hurwitz <nealhugh@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > *...Just heard that DOE plans to increase SHS enrollment to 4000
      > from 3200.
      > >
      > > Is this true? :-( *
      > >
      > > Thanks, Neal
      > > 646-884-0594
      > > ###_._,___

    • Neal Hurwitz
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
        I am told that current SHS enrollment is 3114...so there will be another
        100...and that's a
        lot there!
        I am also told that the real number is not 3200 but 3240...

        In any case, *overcrowding at SHS is and would be tragic!!!*

        Thanks, Neal

        Neal H. Hurwitz '62
        *www.ourstrongband.org*