Re: rumors about LaGuardia HS enrollment next year

  • cantorrac
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
      Virtually no change.

      LaGuardia's audited enrollment for 07-08: 2,568.
      LaGuardia's projected enrollment for 08-09: 2,570.

      David Cantor

      --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com, "MSN - Falik" <falik@...>
      wrote:

      > What about LaGuardia High School? I understand that they were
      required to up their acceptance by 100 students last year and this
      year with the goal of adding an additional 400 students to the
      school.

      > The result is a semi-split session this year.
      >
      > Eugene Falik

    • Neal Hurwitz
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
        _Thank you very much David!_
        I am quite relieved!
        Great re: commitment to 3200!...that's plenty there as you well know.

        Again, thanks!

        Best, Neal

        Neal H. Hurwitz SHS '62
        www.ourstrongband.org

        cantorrac wrote:

        > This is entirely untrue. Stuyvesant is projected to have 3240
        > students in the fall. We're committed to keeping the school's
        > enrollment around 3200.
        >
        > David Cantor
        > Press Secretary
        > NYCDOE
        >
        > --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:nyceducationnews%40yahoogroups.com>, Neal Hurwitz <nealhugh@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > *...Just heard that DOE plans to increase SHS enrollment to 4000
        > from 3200.
        > >
        > > Is this true? :-( *
        > >
        > > Thanks, Neal
        > > 646-884-0594
        > > ###_._,___

      • Neal Hurwitz
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
          I am told that current SHS enrollment is 3114...so there will be another
          100...and that's a
          lot there!
          I am also told that the real number is not 3200 but 3240...

          In any case, *overcrowding at SHS is and would be tragic!!!*

          Thanks, Neal

          Neal H. Hurwitz '62
          *www.ourstrongband.org*