excerpt from latest capital plan; CEC input?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2008

      Comments from any CEC members?  Please forward to fellow members for their views as well.  Thanks, Leonie

      http://source.nycsca.org/pdf/capitalplan/02-08_Plan_Amendment.pdf

      During the 2005-2006 school year, the Community Education Councils

      (CEC) provided input to the Department on specific school conditions.

      The CEC input was also used by the Department to identify high priority

      needs included in this Amendment. As a result of the Community

      Education Council public hearings held after the release of the November

      2006 Proposed Amendment and priorities submitted by the Councils

      subsequent to those hearings, the February 2007 Proposed Amendment

      was updated to incorporated seventeen of the most urgent needs. The

      Councils’ remaining requests were reviewed and more than forty

      additional projects were incorporated in this November 2007 Proposed

      Amendment. The maintenance related requests were referred to the

      Division of School Facilities and many are in process or have been

      addressed.

      Following the process established in 2006, the priorities

      received from the CECs during the comment period for the November

      2007 Proposed Amendment have been reviewed and an additional

      seventeen projects have been added to the Capital Plan through the

      February 2008 Proposed Amendment. The remaining requests will be

      reviewed for possible inclusion in the next Capital Plan, a draft of which

      will be released in November 2008. This process has highlighted the

      importance of the Council’s input and the depth of commitment each

      member has to our school children. We appreciate the vigilance of our

      Councils and the enormous effort expended by them throughout this

      process.

      http://nycpublicschoolparents.blogspot.com/

      Please make a tax-deductible contribution to Class Size Matters now!