fair student funding

  • mchgh_lln
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hello...I have a question for members of the CECs: Did your
      district loose money for Title IIA professional development? Our
      district CEC president has been told that over 850,000 dollars has
      been cut from professional development. When he inquired of the DOE
      about this loss he was told, via email, that all of the districts had
      lost thier PD money. He was told this was the result of less federal
      money to the City. He was also told that the City had put in money to
      make up the differnce last year but couldn't do that this year.
      I am very confused because this was part of the Fair Student
      Funding and I was under the inmpression that no one was supposed to
      loose money under FSF.
      I woould like to hear from the CEC members who are invovled in
      developing budgets for thier districts. Any help from other CEC
      members on this would be appreciated.