School Title 1 Allocations

  • jcalant
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2014
      Dear Parents and Educators,

        Please visit sltsupport.blogspot.com to see if your school receives Title 1 funding and whether it is designated as SWP (School Wide Program) or TA (Targeted Assistance).

        In addition, you can look up the amount of Title 1 funding for your school and determine the 1% to be set aside for parent involvement activities and programs. The school's Title 1 parent committee works with the school leadership team to determine how the funds will be spent which is then incorporated into the Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP).

       Click the link entitled "Title 1 NYCDOE FY 14" at the slt support site (sltsupport.blogspot.com).

      Sincerely,
      James Calantjis
    • yp_amber_brooklyn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2014
        Our school has violated title I over and over again. The only choice is to file a state complaint.
      • Francesco Portelos
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2014

          State complaints to Roberto Reyes have lead nowhere. There is no accountability out there.

          Francesco Portelos
          Parent
          Educator
          educatorfightsback.org
          DTOE.org

          *sent from my Samsung Galaxy. Probably quick typing and little proofreading. Please excuse any typos.

          "In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Martin Luther King Jr.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2014
            You have to go to the USDE, Title 1 supervisors. There are two for the NYC area. I once got them to put pressure on Reyes and the state to act.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2014
              What does "violate" Title 1 mean? TY, Neal

              Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 10, 2014
                Violations include:

                   Title I:
                     No title I parent meeting prior to DEC 1. No notice of a meeting. Never asking Parents input about what to do with the title I money. Go to NYSED and search title I for more infornmation.