big NYT piece on Common Core

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2014

      http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/education/common-core-in-9-year-old-eyes.html?hpw&rref=education&_r=2

      It’s getting lots of praise on twitter;  tracks 3 kids in one Crown Heights classroom.  In the process, the article twice claims Common Core developed by “education experts” and doesn’t mention that the CC has faced any opposition from educators or early childhood experts; doesn’t mention or include any of the highly flawed curriculum/modules.

      Also includes a highly positive NYT video.

      People should express their views on twitter and elsewhere.

      Thanks L.

    • Ann Kjellberg

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2014
          The Chancellor supports common core, but objects to the problematic rollout.  It's either a way to slow down the implementation or a smoke scree.  How do we figure out what is what?