from Principals Weekly; strategic planning

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2014

      Opportunities to Provide Feedback About Organizational Strategy

                    All schools / Events: June 18, 19, 23

      Chancellor Fariña is leading an effort to think through ways to strengthen the NYCDOE’s structures that provide support to schools; you and your staff are invited to attend a webinar about this strategic planning work to learn more and discuss your feedback. Your input and insight are critical to helping the Chancellor’s leadership team understand the needs of your school community, lessons learned from past reform efforts, and factors critical for success in designing a system that works for the City’s children and families. Your teachers will receive information about the webinar for teachers via the next edition of iTeachNYC. Community Education Councils (CECs) will receive information about the webinar to share with parents. Please share the information below with members of your school community:

      §  Principals may register here for a strategic planning conversation on June 18 from 4:00–5:00 p.m., hosted by Chief Strategy Officer Josh Wallack and Senior Deputy Chancellor Dr. Dorita Gibson.

      §  Families may register here for a strategic planning conversation on June 19 from 12:30–1:30 p.m., hosted by Chief Strategy Officer Josh Wallack and Chancellor’s Parent Advisory Committee Co-Chairs Martha Kessler and Alim Gafar.

      §  Teachers may register here for a strategic planning conversation on June 23 from 4:00–5:00 p.m., hosted by Chief Strategy Officer Josh Wallack and Deputy Chancellor Phil Weinberg.

      For questions, email StrategyIdeas@....

    • Lisa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2014

        CPAC co chairing:

        Strategic Planning: A Conversation with Families

        Date: Thursday, June 19, 12:30-1:30 pm

        Title: Strategic Planning: A Conversation with Families

        Co-hosted by:

        • Chief Strategy Officer Josh Wallack
        • CPAC Co-Chair Martha Kessler
        • CPAC Co-Chair Alim Gafar

        The Strategic Planning team, working closely with the leadership of the DOE, has kicked off an effort to think through opportunities to strengthen our systems to provide support to schools. As a critical part of this project, I’d like to invite you to join a live webinar. Your input and feedback is critical to our effort. We need to draw on your knowledge of the system, past reform efforts, and factors critical for success if we are going to design a system that works for our children and families.

        This webinar series is designed to provide information about the Department of Education’s strategic planning work. Sessions are free to attend, but registration is required to reserve a virtual seat.

        To: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2014
          I hope establishing functional School Leadership Teams to strengthen support to schools will be a topic of discussion between CPAC, parents and the DOE.

          James Calantjis
          sltsupport.blogspot.com.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 11, 2014
            What? Parents aren't part of the school community? Different principals will tell the parents different things........or not a thing
          • Lisa
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 12, 2014

              It is a webinar- what kind of conversation can it be, really?

              To: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
              From: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:09:22 -0400