FW: The President's review of big data and privacy

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2014

      The White House is doing a survey on data privacy; send your comments in now!  This is what I wrote:

      Student privacy has been weakened or eliminated with the re-writing of FERPA by the US Department of Education; now children's private and personal education records can be shared with a wide variety of third parties, including for-profit vendors, without parental knowledge or  consent.  This must stop now!

      Friday, March 21, 2014

      The President's review of big data and privacy

      In January, President Obama spoke about changes in the technology we use for national security purposes, and what they mean for our privacy broadly.

      He launched a 90-day review of big data and privacy: how they affect the way we live, and the way we work -- and how data is being used by universities, the private sector, and the government.

      As part of that review, we've already heard from leading privacy advocates and industry leaders, among others.

      But this is a conversation that affects all Americans, and we want to make sure you have a chance to be a part of it. We want your input.

      Take a moment to tell us what you think about big data, privacy, and what it means to you.

      Stay Connected

      facebook

      Facebook

      twitter

      Twitter

      youtube

      YouTube

      flickr

      Flickr

      google+

      Google+

      Please do not reply to this email. Contact the White House

      We're updating the White House privacy policy on April 18. Learn more.

      The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111