Coverage of Eva?

  • Ann Kjellberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2014
      I had a long and interesting conversation the other night with a couple of teachers who had taught in Success schools and schools that had been encroached on by Success, full of shocking things about their "training" and what goes on in the classroom and what the expectations are. Is anyone writing about this?

      Elizabeth Green's work in the NYT magazine seemed in some ways sympathetic with these methods, as I remember it, but I wonder if her work since and her new book have continued in that direction.

      Someone should really cover how these schools get the results they do, starting with kicking out the kids who might threaten test scores, but going on to the boot-camp atmosphere and incessant drilling.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2014

        It would be good to get teachers to talk on the record about this.  Please send me their contact info off line if you have it.  Thanks L.