new Bd of Ed/PEP members?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 17, 2014

      I have not yet heard of any new mayoral appointees or borough appointees, has anyone else?

      W/ four out of five new BPs and a new mayor, I would have expected a new slate. I know Patrick and Dmytro have resigned.

      The next meeting was supposed to be next Wed Jan 22, with some controversial proposals on the agenda – but I don’t see the agenda anymore on its regular page.  and the archive is gone.

      http://schools.nyc.gov/AboutUs/leadership/PEP/schedule/default.htm .

      And the archive of documents is gone as well.

      http://schools.nyc.gov/AboutUs/leadership/PEP/documents/default.htm

      The calendar is still there though

      http://schools.nyc.gov/AboutUs/leadership/PEP/schedule/2013-2014/1314PEPCalendar.htm

      There is also supposed to be at least one meeting per month.

      http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/B432D059-6BFE-4198-8453-466FDE2B22D5/69835/PEPBylawsFinal91409.pdf

      Subscribe to Class Size Matters newsletter at  http://shar.es/wNbXk

      Subscribe to NYC education list by emailing nyceducationnews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

    • Justin Wedes
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 17, 2014
        It is completely irresponsible of an administration to delete all the previous documents. Let's hope this is just temporary maintenance.

        I hope someone like Patrick has archived them for history's sake.

        You can see older versions of the website on the Wayback Machine here: http://archive.org/web/

        -justin

        --
        Justin Wedes
        Educator & Activist

        Twitter: @FreedomSchoolBK
        Facebook: facebook.com/Education4Liberation
        Web: http://paulrobesonfreedomschool.org/

        ~
        Will you #occupy?
        ~

      • RichardEdBarr@...

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 17, 2014

                I’ve asked for comment and heard nothing.

                Lisa Fleisher

                reporter

                The Wall Street Journal

                973-531-7373

                @lisafleisher

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 17, 2014

                  Patrick is right; I was looking at the wrong page.  here is the agenda:

                  http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/6F24C823-4EB1-4128-90F6-0D91F8BFDA31/157085/January22PEPAgenda_FINAL.pdf

                  PUBLIC MEETING OF THE PANEL FOR EDUCATIONAL

                  POLICY

                  High School of Fashion Industries

                  225 West 24

                  th

                  Street

                  New York, NY 10011

                  Wednesday, January 22, 2014

                  6:00 PM

                  AGENDA

                  Regular Public Meeting

                  A.

                  Chancellor’s Update

                  .

                  General Public Comment

                  Sign Up For Public Comment

                  Sp

                  ea

                  ker sign

                  -

                  up for agenda item

                  will begin at 5:30PM at the door and will close at

                  6:30PM.

                  Each speaker will be allowed two minutes to speak during the public comment portions

                  of the meeting.

                  Interpret

                  ation services will be provided in Spanish

                  ;

                  interpretation services for

                  other languages

                  will be provided upon request

                  .

                  American Sign Language will be provided through reservation

                  only: (212) 374

                  -

                  5472 or

                  panel@...

                  .

                  ###

                  Contact for agenda items: (212) 374

                  -

                  5472 / 52 Chambers

                  Street, New York, NY 10007

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 21, 2014

                    Daily News announcing the PEP vote on PS11 busing is postponed. Is the whole meeting postponed from tomorrow?

                    "The powerful Panel for Educational Policy was slated to vote on the city plan on Wednesday, but the vote has been postponed indefinitely since the transfer of leadership in the city schools."

                    http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1586909

                    Wednesday, January 22, 2014

                    6:00 PM

                    AGENDA

                    Regular Public Meeting

                    A.

                    Chancellor’s Update

                    .

                    General Public Comment

                    Sign Up For Public Comment

                    Sp

                    ea

                    ker sign

                    -

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 21, 2014

                      The story of that school is so much worse than this article reveals…

                      Wednesday, January 22, 2014

                      6:00 PM

                      AGENDA

                      Regular Public Meeting

                      A.

                      Chancellor’s Update

                      .

                      General Public Comment

                      Sign Up For Public Comment

                      Sp

                      ea

                      ker sign

                      -

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 21, 2014
                        Powerful Panel for Educational Policy?  is that new?
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 21, 2014
                          PPEP is new - changed from CPEP - Castrated Panel for Educational Policy.

                          On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:37 PM, <mchgh_lln@...> wrote:

                          Powerful Panel for Educational Policy?  is that new?

                          --
                          Have a good day

                          Norm Scott
                          normsco@...
                          917-992-3734

                          On Twitter:  @normscott1

                          Education Notes Online
                          ednotesonline.blogspot.com/

                          GEM, Grassroots Education Movement
                          gemnyc.org

                          The Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman - Now Online
                          http://gemnyc.org/our-film/

                          Education Editor, The Wave
                          http://www.rockawave.com/

                          Norms's Robotics blog
                          http://normsrobotics.blogspot.com/
                        • RichardEdBarr@...
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 21, 2014
                            the old PEP reminded me of Henry Stern's long ago wisecrack about the (now defunct) Board of Estimate:

                            "To call it a rubber stamp is an insult to a rubber stamp -- at least a rubber stamp leaves an impression"

                            (nothing personal, Patrick).
                            rb