D15 CEC: High Stakes Testing Forum, September 30, 2013 @7pm

  • Janine Sopp
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2013
    All are invited.

    You are invited to come to our Community Education Council
    District 15 Public Meeting
    High-Stakes Testing and District 15 Common Core Test Results
    Date: Monday, September 30, 2013
    Time: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Location:  MS 51
    350 5th Avenue
    Auditorium
    Brooklyn, NY 11215
    Speakers:
    • Shael Polakow-Suransky, Chief Academic Officer, NYC Public Schools
    • Anita Skop, District 15 Superintendent
    • Anna Allanbrook, Principal of Brooklyn New School, PS 146
    • Jack Spatola, Principal of Beacon School of Excellence, PS 172
    • Jia Lee, Parent Activist and Teacher at The Earth School
    • Leonie Haimson, Director of Class Size Matters

    How did your kid's school do on the Common Core tests? Representatives from the DOE will break down the scores for our district. A panel of educators and activists will respond with a critical discussion of high-stakes testing and its implications. They will present alternate perspectives on the 2013 test scores and what they mean to us as concerned public school parents, educators and administrators.

    District 15 Community Education Council
    131 Livingston Street, Room 301
    Brooklyn, New York 11201