Public Termination Hearing of Parent/Educator

  • Mr. Portelos
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2013

      Greetings,
            If you are available and want to see the public modern day hanging of a parent and educator who blew the whistle and is slated for termination, see here:

      Dates were just set for September 12, 23 and 30 at 49 Chambers Street.

      Thank you all for your support. Regardless of the outcome, the fight for public education has a strong friend here.

      http://wp.me/P31ecs-wF

      -Francesco Portelos
      mrportelos@...
      educatorfightsback.org
      Parent
      Educator
      UFT Chapter Leader IS 49
      “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
      *sent from my Galaxy S3. Please pardon any typos

    • jcalant
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2013
        Dear Francesco,

          Be strong as it does not appear the charges will result in termination, My view is that the DOE will see how badly it is going for them at the hearing and offer you a settlement (stipulation agreement).
        Do not accept their first offer but continue to negotiate. They will try to get you to accept a fine or suspension without pay and ask you to admit to some guilt.If you feel there is a chance of complete exoneration by the arbitrator,then refuse to accept a stipulation, unless you can get them down to only becoming an ATR.
          Make sure you dress in a suit and tie and be ready to produce relevent documents for admission during discovery. At that time, you must request the hearing be puiblic, or it will be too late. Ask Betsy Combier if she can attend, as she came to some of my sessions.Don't let your lawyer talk you out of a public hearing and always be ready to give your input during the hearing.

         May God bless you and strengthen you. The end of your ordeal is near.

        Sincerely,
        James Calantjis