Re: [nyceducationnews] Petition to stop Citizens of the World Charter School in NY

  • Harvey Beringer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4 9:42 AM
      do they have one in Williamsburgh?
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Dunn yahoo <bdunn90@...>
      To: nyceducationnews <nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com>; Grassroots-Education <Grassroots-Education@...>; Brad Harris <NYCoREUpdates@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, Sep 4, 2013 12:26 pm
      Subject: [nyceducationnews] Petition to stop Citizens of the World Charter School in NY

      Dear friends,

      We've recently discovered that Citizens of the World Charter Schools are under investigation by the IRS for fraud.

      They are set to open 2 schools in Brooklyn next week - 1 in Williamsburg and 1 in Crown Heights.

      We are asking the Attorney General to get an injunction to stop the schools from opening until the investigation is completed.

      PLEASE sign our petition and share it.

      https://www.change.org/petitions/attorney-general-eric-schneiderman-stop-cwc-schools-from-opening

      Thanks,

      Brooke
    • Dunn yahoo
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4 10:21 AM
        Yup.

        One is opening in Williamsburg in JHS126, the ONLY middle school in that area and one that's already co-located with Williamsburg Charter High (a homegrown charter).

        and one is opening in PS221 in Crown Heights.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6 7:16 PM

          There are now 1220 signatures and some excellent comments to read.

          Brooke along with Lorna Feeney have done an amazing job researching this corrupt charter chain.

          Please sign if you haven't, and please pass along, tweet, post on Facebook, etc...

          Again, the link is:  https://www.change.org/petitions/attorney-general-eric-schneiderman-stop-cwc-schools-from-opening

          thanks,

          Stephanie