Petition to stop Citizens of the World Charter School in NY

  • Dunn yahoo
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4 9:26 AM
      Dear friends,

      We've recently discovered that Citizens of the World Charter Schools are under investigation by the IRS for fraud.

      They are set to open 2 schools in Brooklyn next week - 1 in Williamsburg and 1 in Crown Heights.

      We are asking the Attorney General to get an injunction to stop the schools from opening until the investigation is completed.

      PLEASE sign our petition and share it.

      https://www.change.org/petitions/attorney-general-eric-schneiderman-stop-cwc-schools-from-opening

      Thanks,

      Brooke
    • mchgh_lln

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4 10:21 AM
            Yup.

            One is opening in Williamsburg in JHS126, the ONLY middle school in that area and one that's already co-located with Williamsburg Charter High (a homegrown charter).

            and one is opening in PS221 in Crown Heights.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6 7:16 PM

              There are now 1220 signatures and some excellent comments to read.

              Brooke along with Lorna Feeney have done an amazing job researching this corrupt charter chain.

              Please sign if you haven't, and please pass along, tweet, post on Facebook, etc...

              Again, the link is:  https://www.change.org/petitions/attorney-general-eric-schneiderman-stop-cwc-schools-from-opening

              thanks,

              Stephanie