Technical schools closing and not reopening forcing students to go private

  • Mr. Portelos
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2013

      I'm wrapping up a trip to Greece with family. Tourism is at it's highest, but they are in big trouble here. Sharing my saga here sounds pretty bad especially when I tell them I'm a parent/teacher who spoke up and sit at cubicle paid to do nothing, while their country's unemployment is above 30%.

      I made friends with a Finnish news reporter who wants to touch base and report with what I see and experience in N.Y. as far as education. That should be interesting as they are ranked number one.

      In other news they are closing all public technical high schools here forcing students to go private. Pretty crazy.

      My termination hearing is set to start September 12th across from Tweed. It's public so if you want to see the attempted destruction of a whistleblower's career, please stop by. Otherwise I'll report on educatorfightsback.org. They aren't ready and SCI interrogated my father in law at work while I was away. I think we are up to 36 investigations.

      -Francesco Portelos
      mrportelos@...
      educatorfightsback.org
      Parent
      Educator
      UFT Chapter Leader IS 49
      “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
      *sent from my Galaxy S3. Please pardon any typos