Re: PRESS RELEASE ! PROTEST OF THE 50 ANNIVERSARY

  • Rev Edward Pinkney
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2013

      Pinkney to Pinkney show
      Every Sunday at 5 pm eastrn time
      Burn Baby Burn
      Burn all NAACP MEMBERSHIPS CARDS

       Spread Widely

         Press Release  BY THE BLACK AUTONOMY NETWORK COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION (BANCO)

      Protest!

      On Saturday August 24, 2013 scores of African-Americans and others are expected to attend the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.

      Fifty years ago on this date, nearly 300,000 people on the National Mall heard the legendary oration given by Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:  I Have A Dream.

      Millions were inspired and it was the high point in the struggle for Civil Rights. However, other voices, in particular that of Malcolm X, saw another America that remained a nightmare. He derided the march on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.

      It is the intent of Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and the NAACP to make it clear that this is just another nostalgia visit, not a commemoration. That his is a continuation and not a call for action.

      The NAACP, Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson have refused to do anything constructive about the violence within many African-American communities. The Black Community should take on the NAACP, Rev. Jessie Jackson, and Rev.Al Sharpton all
      worthless to African-Americans during the last decades. These organizations and leaders refuse to go into our communities, roll their sleeves up, and help.

      The NAACP, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton galvanize us to march on Washington and then disappear afterwards.

      Black Autonomy Network Community Organization (BANCO) will protest during the 50th Anniversary of the I Have A Dream speech in Washington.

      We need  a new model of Black leadership that's not based on non-economic liberalism. That was the trick played on us 50 years ago. We need one based
      on Black nationalism. I would like to see the people move forward, gearing our actions toward the uplifting of Black people.

      We will continue to protest!

      Rev Edward Pinkney