Re: [nyceducationnews] Re: Superintendent Johnson, a critic of new state exams, insists they ‘do not matter’

  • robert bowen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2013
      Ellen,
      Remember when Bloomberg became Mayor, he vowed to end "social promotions"? The question I asked then was, "who approved the social promotions? how long have these types of promotions been in effect? Were the parents / guardians / community made aware of this policy?
      Fast forward to now and it has been revealed the majority (75%) of graduates, who attend college, have to take remedial courses. Ending social promotions? I don't think so!

      Now the "bar" has been "raised." Meaning what? By whom? To what end?

      Daine Ravitch has taught us the scores will come down because of the decision to align test scores with NAEP standards. These obvious obfuscations are intended to ensure the greater community of stakeholders remain bamboozled!

      The Importance of educational listservs, such as this one, BYNEE, ICOPE, Class Size Matters, Coalition for Public Educations and similar listservs, cannot be overstated.

      Oneness,
      Rob