getting yr child's scores starting Aug 26
DID YOUR CHILD TAKE THE NEW YORK STATE ELA AND MATH EXAMS IN SPRING 2013?
LOG ON to ARIS Parent Link (arisparentlink.org) and easily access your child’s Math and ELA test results
LEARN important tips on how to help your child succeed with the Common Core Learning Standards
Need your ARIS Parent Link username and password? Visit a participating public library and speak
with Department of Education staff who will be helping families learn more about the Common Core
standards, the new State tests, and the City’s work to prepare more students for college and careers.
Already have your ARIS Parent Link log on information and access to a computer? You are still
welcome to attend and learn more about the results.
LOG ON & LEARN WEEK
Monday August 26 - Friday August 30
Dennis M. Walcott, Chancellor
DATES BOROUGH HOURS LIBRARY
Mon., August 26 BRONX 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Parkchester Library
1985 Westchester Avenue (at Pugsley Ave.)
Bronx, NY 10462
Tues., August 27 BROOKLYN 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Sunset Park Library
5108 4th Ave. (at 51st St.)
Brooklyn, NY 11220
Wed., August 28 STATEN ISLAND 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. St. George Library
5 Central Avenue (near Borough Hall)
Staten Island, NY 10301
Thurs., August 29 MANHATTAN 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Seward Park Library
192 East Broadway (at Jefferson Street)
New York, NY 10002
Fri., August 30 QUEENS 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Flushing Library
41-17 Main Street (at Kissena Boulevard)
Flushing, NY 11355
Interpretation services will be available. Participating families will receive a free gift while supplies last.
Other ways to access your ARIS Parent Link username and password:
• Make an appointment with the parent coordinator or family liaison at your child’s school. To _nd the phone
number to your child’s school call 311 or use the School Search tool on the DOE homepage, schools.nyc.gov.
• Visit the Division of Family and Community Engagement Monday through Fridays between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
at 49 Chambers Street, Room 503, Manhattan, NY 10007
Common Core Resources are available at schools.nyc.gov/ParentsFamilies
From: Division of Family & Community Engagement <FACE@...>
Subject: 2013 Common Core Math/ELA Results
Date: August 7, 2013 3:17:43 PM EDT
Following conversations this spring about the new Common Core standards and changing State tests, please see below for today’s press release about New York City’s results on the new, more rigorous tests.
To support conversations with your constituents and communities, I encourage you to review and share the following materials:
- A video from Chancellor Walcott, a student, and teacher explaining the Common Core standards and changing State tests
- A FAQ for families that includes questions on student promotion and school accountability, and
- A set of tips for families to speak with children about the results and about the Common Core more broadly. (Note: the FAQ and set of tips are both translated into all DOE languages)
- The PowerPoint presentation reviewed during today’s press conference is available on our website 2013 Common Core Math/ELA results.
In addition to the link above, you can access these resources and more by going to NYC.gov, searching for “Common Core Parent Resources,” and selecting the link for “Common Core Library.”
We’ll be in touch to share more information and resources as we continue to move forward in this important work. Thank you for your support.
Division of Family and Community Engagement