FW: Release of Test Scores and a Message from Commissioner King

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2013

    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Ken Wagner <KWAGNER@...>
    Date: August 2, 2013, 12:33:01 PM EDT
    To: <PUBADMIN@...>
    Subject: Release of Test Scores and a Message from Commissioner King

    Colleagues,

    The 2012–13 Grades 3–8 English Language Arts (ELA) and math test scores will be released to the public on Wednesday, August 7, 2013.  The score release will be accompanied by the release of a significant number of annotated test questions and other instructionally relevant materials for educators and parents.

    Please see the attached memo for an important message from Commissioner King regarding the thoughtful use of State test scores in teacher and principal evaluations.

    Schools and districts will have access to their embargoed test score results on Monday, August 5, 2013 via the verification reports in the Level 2 Reporting environment (see http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/level2reports/home.html).  These data will not be available on nySTART.  Principals in New York City will receive further instructions from the New York City Department of Education on how to access test results.

    School and district score results are embargoed until the public release.  Data under embargo may not be discussed at public meetings or otherwise released to the public.

    If you have questions about data contained in the Student Information Repository System (SIRS) or data verification, please contact your Regional Information Center or Big 5 city school district data coordinator or the Office of Information and Reporting Services by phone (518-474-7965) or email (dataquest@...).  The May 2013 field memo at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/2012-13/2012-13-SIRS-Deadlines-final5-22-13.pdf includes important information regarding final deadlines for reporting and verifying 2012-13 school year data.

    We thank you for your hard work and continued support as we move forward with this important release.

    Ken

  • Ellen
    Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2013
      "Information gathered from each measure of educator
      effectiveness should be used judiciously when employment decisions are made."
      But we're not looking to fire anyone..unless of course we don't like someone, which is a whole 'nuther game.