Fwd: [nyceducationnews] FW: NYTimes: Weiner Aide Lashes Out at Former Intern

  • RichardEdBarr@...
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2013

      From: RichardEdBarr@...
      To: patk.j.sullivan@...
      Sent: 7/31/2013 11:29:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
      Subj: Re: [nyceducationnews] FW: NYTimes: Weiner Aide Lashes Out at Former Intern

      for any press secretary, male or female, to be so unrestrained and indiscreet with a reporter is very stupid.

      In a message dated 7/31/2013 9:48:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, patk.j.sullivan@... writes:

      I don't get why what Barbara Morgan may have said about an intern is news.  I doubt it would be if she were a guy.

      On Jul 31, 2013 12:26 PM, "John M. Beam" <John_Beam@...> wrote:

      The Huff Post version included the language.  Gotta say, I consider myself pretty foul mouthed when my inner altar boy checks out, but I learned a couple new words.  The media really needs to give the Weiner stuff a rest.  They are really falling down on covering the mayoral campaign in terms of both content and the fact that there are a passel of Not Wieners in the mix.

      At 10:55 AM 7/31/2013 -0400, you wrote:

      I have refrained from sending any clips about Weiner's press aide Barbara Morgan's tirade against a former intern. Morgan left NYC DOE to work for Chris Cerf in NJ before signing on with the Weiner campaign.

      But I can’t resist quoting this tidbit from the NYT:

      Until Tuesday night, Ms. Morgan, who has defended both popular public figures (Cory A. Booker) and not (Joel I. Klein) and was most recently the chief spokeswoman for New Jersey’s Department of Education, had been viewed by some reporters as doing a remarkably good job under unenviable circumstances.

      From The New York Times:

      Weiner Aide Lashes Out at Former Intern

      In an interview she said she thought was off the record, the chief spokeswoman for Anthony Weiner’s mayoral campaign referred to the intern with vulgar and sexist terms.

      http://nyti.ms/18QGBca

      Sent from my iPad

    • Ellen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2013
        So we're not talking Gifted and Talented but we can talk policy:
        What candidates would be the best for education?
        ...not improve rates of graduation or improve scores separate and apart from improving education i.e., knowledge, literacy, scholarship, enlightenment