FW: Anti-Gulen protest @ Union Sq. in NYC on Sat. 7/20

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 700 KB

    From Sharon Higgins of Oakland – a Gulen expert.

    From: Sharon Higgins [mailto:sharonrhiggins@...]

    I’m writing to let you know about a protest that will take place in Union Square in NYC this coming Saturday night.

    It's a continuation of the protest that took place against Fethullah Gulen in Pennsylvania last weekend.

    The Gezi Park / Taksim Square protests in Turkey resulted in a number of US groups staging actions here in support of the protesters there. Many of the Turkish Americans in those groups are passionately anti-Fethullah Gulen. They've found their voice and now have a network to organize protests against Fethullah Gulen.

    For years, those of us who have been trying to get the word out about Gulen and his organization have wondered why anti-Gulen Turkish Americans have been so silent, but that situation has now evolved. The presence of their voice is an extremely positive development for helping spread the word about what the Gulen Movement is doing here (its massive charter school operations; manipulating public officials; its recruitment of high profile American sympathizers by dispensing gifts, flattery, campaign contributions, and propaganda; etc.).

    At any rate, please let people in your local networks know that they are welcome to join in the protest on Saturday. It needs as much support as it can get. I've attached a two-sided flyer with a lot of excellent information about the Gulen Movement and its charter schools (created by someone else; reproduces fine in b&w). I've also sent it to someone who will be there on Saturday. Hopefully copies will be passed out.

    Also, here’s a video of our small Gulen protest in Oakland last Saturday.

    The Gulenists had sent men to record us (note @2:10 min.). The one with the video camera was displaying a fake press pass. He told us that he had come up from LA, but would not say who had sent him. The Gulenists will be studying our images and what we were doing and look for some way to use it against us. They are up to no good and do not want to be exposed.

    Best,

    Sharon