Re: Schools & #inBloom cloud Putting Student Privacy at Risk?

  • shulmandl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2013
      I was there when these systems started. They were safe and secure. There were no "scenes from the movies" about online access, grade changing, etc. the data stored was strictly ed. driven. The networks were "ringed" and tokens were used. In 2013, with an insecure WiFi and such devices having access to ALL the data on a student, it's a new ball game.

      With banks, credit card companies, Facebook, etc being infiltrated, parents and students have every right to be scared. If social security numbers, addresses and birthdates " are in the cloud", ID theft, record manipulation, sale for profit, etc could and does occur. When people had to politic for and have passed a law banning junk telephone calls by creating a Do Not Call list, and this Iaw seems violated, there should be a groundswell of public opposition to this.

      Any pretense that this is for better school administration can easily be countered by any number of already existing locally installed and controlled software. This is all about profit, not good education.

      The risks should make any sane person shudder!