FW: Public Forum On Elementary School Dezoning

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2013

    From: Maria Bautista <maria.nygps@...>
    Date: June 6, 2013, 5:23:38 PM EDT
    To: undisclosed-recipients:;
    Subject: Fwd: Public Forum On Elementary School Dezoning

    Dear Friends, Colleagues & Community Partners:

    On Tuesday June 11, 2013 Councilmember Jackson is joining with New York Communities For Change, New Yorkers For Great Public Schools (NYC-GPS), and the Mirabal Sisters Cultural & Community Center to host a public forum to discuss elementary school dezoning. As you may know the Department of Education has shared its ideas for elementary dezoning with various Community Education Councils (CECs) around the City, including CECs 5 & 6 in Northern Manhattan. Please join us at this meeting to learn about the possible consequences of dezoning and share this notice with your contacts.

    What: Public Forum On Elementary School Dezoning

    When: Tuesday June 11th

    Time: 6:30pm-8:30pm

    Where: Community Health Academy of the Heights

    504 West 158th Street (Between Broadway &  Amsterdam Avenue)

    We also ask that you sign-on to a statement we will circulate shortly opposing elementary school dezoning and to join us at a press conference in front of Tweed Courthouse on Tuesday June 11th at 11:30AM. For more information about the press conference please call our City Hall Office at 212-788-7007.

    Respectfully yours,

    Juan Ignacio Rosa

    Director of Community Affairs

    Office of Councilmember Robert Jackson

    7th Council District

    751 West 183rd Street

    New York, NY 10033

    212-928-1322 (Desk)

    212-928-4177 (Fax)

    Jrosa@...

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

    --

    Maria Bautista

    Campaign Coordinator, New Yorkers for Great Public Schools

    Alliance for Quality Education
    Mobile: 347-622-9706; 212-328-9271
    maria.nygps@...