Re: G. Robinson Re: CDEC-2 and its exclusivity "grandfather"

  • RichardEdBarr@...
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2013
      More anecdotal looking back to the way it used to be--

      My older daughter was also applying to middle schools in 1999, -- she was then a 5th  grader in a D. 3 elementary school.  We looked at East Side Middle School, Wagner and Lab, all in D. 2, and Manhattan East, in D. 4.  My recollection is that at none of them were we led to believe that she would be at a significant disadvantage because she was applying out-of-district.  In the end though, she opted for the one D. 3 school we looked at, the Delta program at Booker T. Washington Junior High, probably because more of her pals were going there than to any of the others.

      R. Barr

      In a message dated 5/22/2013 2:07:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, grobinson117@... writes:

      I think the schools there, tho, have become progressively more selective. For example, when my daughter applied to middle schools in 1999, all the D-2 middle schools were open to applicants from throughout the city and, in fact, my daughter went to one. Four years, later when my son applied any D-2 middle school that anyone would want to go to would not even look at applicants from other boroughs; I'm not sure about other Manhattan districts.

      Gail Robinson
      718 469-3845
      646 468-5025 (cell)